1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Razer Onza 360-style Gamepad (Support needed)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TobiasAmaranth, Nov 25, 2013.

1. TobiasAmaranth

TobiasAmaranth Void-Bound Voyager

I am unable to get this controller to work for Risk of Rain. I have had no problems with other games I've used it for, such as Rogue Legacy. Buttons will not map.

Larry_Garbage likes this.
    • Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Did you enable gamepad support in the options menu?

• TobiasAmaranth

"Buttons will not map" - I have fully investigated that menu, including turning it on in the first place. Being that buttons will not map, this means the game is not registering the gamepad despite the computer recognizing it.

• TobiasAmaranth

http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/doodles/gamepad/gamepad-tester/tester.html

Testing the controller here shows everything working just fine.
          Xbox 360 Controller (XINPUT STANDARD GAMEPAD) - is what's scrolling along the display.

I would really like to better enjoy this game, but it screams for the use of a gamepad. This gamepad works fine on other games and works fine online. The issue is a bug with the software, Risk of Rain. Please fix for the next patch or suggest a workaround.

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

You should post this in the bug thread.

• TobiasAmaranth

Beat ya to it. I wanted to first make sure it was, in fact, a bug and not me overlooking something, and to make sure no one had any suggestions for the device in particular.

After I confirmed things were still working from that website, I did go ahead and post in the bug thread. :)

Larry_Garbage and Active Link like this.
              • Larry_Garbage

Larry_Garbage Space Hobo

I'm having the exact same problem. Thanks for posting. Let me know if you figure out anything.

• Zefirus

Zefirus Space Hobo

I know I'm two days old, but it's definitely a problem on your end. I've got a Razer Onza as well and it works just fine.

• TobiasAmaranth

Again, let me emphasize my OS is Windows XP. And the controller itself works without issue, as tested at the online site linked to. There's not really anything else ~I~ can do. Unless you are also on Windows XP, the fact you are able to get it to work with one is somewhat meaningless. I could also get it to work with a program like Joy2Key but that's not really 'working'. I haven't launched the game for a while, I'm not sure if the new patch fixes my issue, and you're welcome to make suggestions on how to fix it, but your reply as it stands is entirely unhelpful and potentially misleading. "It works for me!" without listing any potential differing or matching conditions is not helpful in diagnosing problems like this. Sorry.