Modding Help Racial Beamaxe Customization

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Lexicon-Prime, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Lexicon-Prime

Lexicon-Prime Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, I've ran into a brick wall with an idea I've got. I'm in the process of updating my mods and I've ran into a snazoo. The idea is custom appearance/sounds/animations for the beamaxe in association to species. While I'm able to patch/and alter the Beamaxe item three different ways (via ai.config.patch altering the enableCommandsatLevel to replace givebeamaxe with giveRacialbeam which is an aicommand I have created; Or by patching the beamaxe file directly, or simply replacing the beamaxe.beamaxe file as a whole.) each of which is able to change the tool/animation of the beamaxe. The problem I'm running into is that this effects all species across the board. Is there a way to make it racial specific? I've tried numerous variant coding and nothings working yet...

running on Win7/ stable version: v. Upbeat Giraffe

Any insight would be wonderful...

Ideally the effect I want is to have the first "ai" mission "enable beamaxe" to be unique to the race without overwriting other species ai command/beamaxe.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

No.[DOUBLEPOST=1425148018][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok never mind. It seems it is possible with some modifications.

@Lexicon-Prime You create a custom racial quest - unlocking the beam axe.
    Then each beam axe can look different and have different upgrades.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Tsunder and Kawa like this.
  3. longlostson

longlostson Yeah, You!

Seems like a pretty cool idea. More variation between the characters.