1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about healing items

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Starbug, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Can someone tell me what is better for healing the maximum amount of HP.

Med Kids (large)
    or
    Bottled Healing Water

Thanks!

Want to know whether to focus on crafting med packs or bottles of healing water.

I'd rather keep the healing water for a healthy moat-bath around my soon to be made base, so thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

2. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Why must the fight against childhood obesity extend to even the outer reaches of the Starbound universe!? Why can't we just let children be children and adults eat children to heal back to full? Do we really need to talk about exercise and proper nutrition with a fantasy sci-fi game? (joke)

Attempts at humor aside, I'd also like to know, especially if both are available at similar tiers. Additionally, do beds heal percentages of hp now, or do they still do static healing?

3. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Some beds seem to heal +1 and some +2

On the floran party mission one of the beds healed +2, but I haven't found any with higher healing capacity yet.

Akado likes this.
  4. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

They heal differently. The healing water is more of a long term slow heal, similar to food and a stimpack. The med kit is for a quick heal.

Akado likes this.
  5. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Whats the best medical (as in quick heal) healing item?

Nano bandages? Red stims? Medkits?

6. TheLoneGamer

TheLoneGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nano Bandages are the best for quick healing. Unlike Med Kits that heal up to 60 health, Nano Bandages goes up to 100. However, they can be difficult to get since you'll have to randomly find them in chests, likely only on level 6 planets. I think level 6 NPCs can also drop them, but otherwise, you can't easily stockpile them.

7. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Hmm? In yesterdays nightly you could get the portable pixel printer from the research station in your upgraded ship. Using said item allowed you to make nano-bandages. Im assuming its not removed again.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  8. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Thanks for the answers. Haven't reached level 6 gear yet. Will probably start again with a new toon when the stable update downloads.

9. TheLoneGamer

TheLoneGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I haven't played the newest Nightly so perhaps that is the case, but I remember from playing the unstable some time ago that Nano Bandages wasn't craftable. Hopefully with Stable coming all of this mix match of what's is and isn't a part of the game will die down.