1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4, Xbox One & Wii U versions.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Legacy95, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

At the moment, the game will be on PC, Mac and Linux at launch, and will be ported to Playstation sometime post-release. They have said nothing to indicate additional ports, and they may not really be in Chucklefish's best interest.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    Tleno and SeaMichelle like this.
  2. Legacy95

Legacy95 Void-Bound Voyager

No, Idk what you mean, mate. The thing is; Nintendo is looking for fantastic game creator devs to add their games to Wii U's eShop.

3. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

No he isn't sorry .

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Oh, misread your post. I thought you meant Nintendo should buy out Chucklefish. That would just be silly.

SeaMichelle likes this.
  5. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Not sure why he'd joke in the first place, if Nintendo is doing as he says I'd be wanting that too.

6. Sir.drake

Sir.drake Cosmic Narwhal

And me .

7. EastBayWilly

EastBayWilly Title Not Found

I can see Starbound doing much better on a Wii-U than on the PS4 or Xbone. Judging by the content I have seen it just seems like it would fit more appropriately there. Where as on PS4 or Xbone you have all the angsty teenagers playing their Call of Duties and Battlefields calling strangers fags because their vocabulary can't handle larger more complex words.

8. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

It's funny how CoD is also on the Wii U, but all the "hardcore" players stay away from Nintendo.

9. Snowfalcon

Snowfalcon Big Damn Hero

MS even though they say it publically are not the indie developers friend, or even the bigger companies for that matter (CCP+Dust for example), they like to have full control of what goes through XBE, and well just look what they did to GFWL.
    Also Nintendo have to get their own house in order before looking in other windows, eg WiiU Fit, WiiU Party both E3 announcements, shame that they were supposed to be release titles.

10. Legacy95

Well, this fella proves my point, no doubt!

Guess what?
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

11. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Oh, I'll gladly take your money! I'm not sure what for though...

Israphial likes this.
  12. Legacy95

No, I was talking to one of the StarBound devs, sorry. :rofl:

Evangelion likes this.
  13. DiiSs

DiiSs Star Wrangler

I could see Starbound having a lot of functionality on the WiiU, with the in-controller screen for managing inventory and the space travel aspect of the game.

Mr. Electric Ocean and Dynafols like this.
  14. Legacy95

Just my thoughts, mate! The StarBound team really need to ask Nintendo if they can get the game on Wii U, for a minimum cost or free.

15. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know, publishing in a lot of platforms really costs a lot and, despite the fact that Starbound has earned quite a small fortune, not sure if Chucklefish can afford that. Also, we have no idea what kind of deal they got from Sony.

Now, I don't owe a Wii U and probably never will, but I agree that Starbound's style fits great for it.

16. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

>xbox one

no

17. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

as much as i hate xbox they need to port it over

if they don't there is going to be screaming, crying, and other emotions that people have when they're angry
    and i also hate it when consoles do exclusives... kinda pisses me off a lot and im pretty sure others get pissed off when certain consoles get certain games.... like when DR3 was announced for xbox one only.... yet DR2 is on PlayStation
    and when minecraft was a xbox exclusive... that pissed off a lot of people

Legacy95 likes this.
  18. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

Good point, I hate exclusives as well. Xbox one is horrible, but being fair is important.

19. Snowfalcon

Snowfalcon Big Damn Hero

Apart from the fact Minecraft was on PC first, so no exclusive, oh wait its on the PS4 as well, same thing with Titanfall, xbox exclusive, but also out on PC, got to love the MS PR Team aka Developer and Platform Evangelism (real group title btw) coming up with Timed Exclusive ;), also as I said in an earlier post MS love to have full control (basically take a huge chunk of royalties) for putting stuff on XBL (just look at the free demos on XBL ;)).

20. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

PSVITA PEOPLE!