Prone position and others

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Xegan Hive, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Xegan Hive

Xegan Hive Subatomic Cosmonaut

I posted in the Weapon Customization thread about being able to go prone and mounting your gun. It was met with positive feed back.

Being able to go prone could have many benefits such as crawling into smaller areas such as tunnels and vents.

What do you guys think would make good positions for the game be they useful or for looks alone?

2. Blue-Demon

Blue-Demon Sandwich Man

I dig the idea, prone and mounting can be a nice feature which can enhance the game for does shooter fans out there.

3. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

Well the issue I have is it might be a lot of work drawing prone sprites for all the armor, BUT would be useful.

I guess I don't know how much work it would really be... so it's hard to say.

4. nomotog

nomotog Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I Imagine it would be a lot depending on exactly how they do animation. I think it would be worth it though.

5. Xegan Hive

Xegan Hive Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't know if it would be all that hard I could see the concern about doing it for all the armors but perhaps it would only be possible on light armors that allow a lot of movement and would not be considered bulky like the space suit.

xboy777 likes this.
  6. doused

doused Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would be very interesting in PvP.

7. nomotog

nomotog Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's a rather elegant way to cut down on the number of armors you need to animate and it also adds depth from a game play point of view.

xboy777 likes this.
  8. Blue-Demon

Blue-Demon Sandwich Man

Think about it, adding a prone feature not only allow more ways for a person to evade unwanted wounds, but can add more fun ways to lose if done incorrectly. heck I'm pretty sure some people here have gotten that ecstasy feeling when you have like 1hp left and you are one bullet away from winning or losing.

9. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

I liked it before i'll like it again! Good idea.

10. AsianDude

AsianDude Master Chief

Sounds like a good idea, but a few things:
    1) You would move a lot slower (Yeah, i know that this is implied, but just making sure.)
    2) You shouldn't be able to prone in certain clothes/outfits (i.e. a giant stompy mech suit)
    3) This would totally save time (i.e. Going prone instead of digging a path to expand a low ceiling)

11. CanadianWolvie

CanadianWolvie Master Chief

I am not sure how the game is meant to play but whenever positions comes up ... I love parkour/free running.

Rolls
    Vaulting
    Diving
    Grabbing ledges
    Wall jump/run
    Wall slide
    Floor slide
    (now I start to think of the inclusion of tech ... space tech)
    Swinging
    Flying
    Swimming
    Gliding
    Parachuting
    Rappeling
    Mech/exosuit transformation
    Mech/exosuit weapon deployment/activation

...sorry, this would probably be a nightmare to implement, but I am just thinking/brainstorming/rambling/raving of positions that look cool and facilitate fun mechanics.

xboy777, Motie and Blue-Demon like this.
  12. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Parkour... That'd be amazing.

13. bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

And chimneying, where you crawl upwards in tight spaces eg. a chimney

14. Simplicity

Simplicity Astral Cartographer

More gun-orientated items or things to do would be awesome, regarding there is a lot already. Something like CanadianWolve said, those sort of things would be a good thing to have in the game. Mounting your guns, would be key for if there were a swarm or something approaching your base.
    I'm liking the suggestion, I clearly understand how you got your positive feedback.

15. lightofthefuture

lightofthefuture Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree, it would make the game more immersive by allowing us to control our characters better, even if they only added crawling.