1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Prevailing Romantic Customs Among Species

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FakeGeekGamerGirl, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Well, they are no dog-fishes! and also, probably there are other sounds around them, as machines and whales

2. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Simple

" Windwaver-sama...could you..*blush* Fertilize my eggs?"

"okai"

3. FakeGeekGamerGirl

FakeGeekGamerGirl Big Damn Hero

I'm just wondering about the soundproofing and how cultural norms are shaped with regards to the volume of sexual behavior, assuming they engage in sexual behavior like humans do.

4. CmereSweetHeart

I got no clue what you want

but I'll tell ya something

Eggs

5. Nibolas O Anelbozas

they may not copulate, but what about foreplay?

6. FakeGeekGamerGirl

Well, not all sex is the act of coitus. Outercourse, imo, is still sex, and not just "foreplay." For clarity's sake.

I'm not sure about salamander reproduction or sexual behavior, though. Many animals engage in non-reproductive sex so... hmmmm thinkin real hard about animal people sex. *cries*

7. Nibolas O Anelbozas

i see your point now. i think we should go back to the "romantic" part of it and forget about the reproduction itself

Nerva likes this.
  8. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Please do. I really don't want to have to purge any more blocks of memory.

Something not discussed thus far is Novakid romantic customs. I'm given to understand that Novakids are prone to very short but very intense romances, often beginning at saloons, over a variety of substances known collectively as "'shine." Deep relationships seldom form, and due to the Novakid's generally short attention span, couples tend to break up almost as fast as they get together, but on rare occasions Novakids form more permanent, enduring relationships that survive. From speaking to Novakids about it, they tend to find themselves at a loss forwords to describe it, save to say that there's a 'spark' of some kind that jumps between them each time they meet.

I cannot determine if this spark is a physical phenomenon or a metaphor - Novakids seem rather loathe to spend the time to explain it. Most will try when asked, but quickly give up in irritation, or get distracted.

Ryumaru and Nibolas O Anelbozas like this.
  9. Nibolas O Anelbozas

This spark may be something physical (energetic), considering they're stars, and stars are natural atomic bombs, maybe this is the nature way to inform that their offspring will be strong, like smells and hormones to the humans

10. Nerva

Entirely possible, but if this is the case, it has avoided all my attempts to detect, though admittedly I have not been able to conduct any rigorously-scientific observations. Most Novakid couples claiming to possess this spark politely decline to sit still long enough for me to make any detailed observations. The chance that it is merely metaphor for some emotional or mental state is equally likely.

Novakid impulsiveness and restlessness once again serves to preserve their mysteries.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  11. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Make sense, since "love" is actually a hard thing to explain, and boy they're lazy so a novakid would prefer to give a short answer

12. Nerva

Not lazy.

A Novakid, properly motivated, can and will outperform many other races, especially when it comes to critical thinking, inventiveness, and problem solving. There are many hard-working Novakids. They just tend to have short attention spans and intense natural curiosity, leading them to be easily distracted and unable to focus on long-term tasks without a definite goal. Many Novakids will hold down several related jobs, switching between them as their interest leads them. For instance, it's not unusual for a Novakid miner to also work as a blacksmith, smelting and forging the same materials he pulls out of his mine, just as soon as they're outside and delivered to the forge.

Dauthdaert likes this.
  13. Nibolas O Anelbozas

i can relate with that behaviour, and i consider myself a "chilly" person...being lazy doesn't mean you can't do great things

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  14. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Novakids are like geniuses with ADHD. Though I doubt it does anything to their relationships, just as people with ADHD can have successful relationships.

15. FakeGeekGamerGirl

I reckon them being made of plasma interferes with inter-species relationships at least some. Need tin foil.

[​IMG]

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  16. Nibolas O Anelbozas

They have like a "skin" that hold all that energy, to contain all the plasma

17. FakeGeekGamerGirl

I mean, if it can hold plasma, I have to wonder what it would do to organic tissue. I'm thinking SEX MAGIC: YOUR GENITALS DISAPPEAR!

18. CmereSweetHeart

I doubt novakids burns anything they touch

if they did, their guns would met everytime they used them[DOUBLEPOST=1425336105][/DOUBLEPOST]
    THE SHWEEN IS HERE

THE SHWEEN IS GONE

THE SHWEEN IS BACK?

Erh

no

FakeGeekGamerGirl likes this.
  19. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Let imagine that for some reason it will breed, if was with a human, what would look like? twilight vampires?

FakeGeekGamerGirl likes this.
  20. Dauthdaert

Dauthdaert Void-Bound Voyager

You're the first person I've seen on the forums who hasn't depicted Novakids as stupid, Alzheimers riddled cowboys.
    Good on you.

576-Belligerent-Coil likes this.