1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Preorder Price Vote!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Irrelephant, Mar 26, 2013.

?

What is a fair preorder price?

1. 5.00 Dollar 3.89 Euro

24 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. 7.00 Dollar 5.44 Euro

12 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. 10.00 Dollar 7.78 Euro

171 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. 12.00 Dollar 9.33 Euro

121 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. 15.00 Dollar 11.66 Euro

397 vote(s)
    44.5%
  6. 20.00 Dollar 15.55 Euro

125 vote(s)
    14.0%
  7. 35.00 Dollar 27.22 Euro

10 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. 50.00 Dollar 38.88 Euro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 60.00 Dollar 46.66 Euro

23 vote(s)
    2.6%
  10. No preorder

9 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

Assuming the game will be sold for $14.99 (USD), I would say a pre-order price of $13.49 (a discount of 10%) would be fair.

2. Trancos

Trancos Aquatic Astronaut

I voted $10 mainly because being foreigner to EU and the US, 1 dollar mean a lot more to me than it does to any US/EU citizen. Even so, I'd gladly pay $15 for a pre-purchase. Well, not *gladly* since I'm half broke, but you get my drift :p

$35, though, seems too much for an indie title. I love this game, been lurking behind it for a while now, but I don't think it should be priced that high. Not only because I think it's too much for an indie, but mainly too because most people won't pay $35 for a game made by people they don't know. The fact it's made by Terraria people helps, but I don't think it'd be as near as enough for people to buy it at such a high price. I think you'd make a whole lot more money selling it at $15 or $20 final price.

Luna likes this.
  3. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

the first is not really a pre-order, even though it's called that, because you haven't really bought the game yet. And (correct me if I'm wrong) if you don't buy the game you can get that money back, so it's really just a deposit, the second is what I think is going to be the case here, early purchase at discounted price.

4. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I vote 15$

I would gladly pay more for a Starbound pre-order, but it could scare many customers away if the price was any higher. I think 15$ is solid and I think it would sell the most.

5. Kernkin

Kernkin Subatomic Cosmonaut

You are paying for the game. You are only paying in advance. That is why it is called a "pre-order".

6. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

I vote $12 or $12.50. A pre-order would only get you the sandbox mode (with limitations), so I don't see a 10% discount being appropriate. Should be $12.50 or less.

~ockpii

7. Kernkin

Kernkin Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am prefectly fine with anywhere in the ten to fifteen dollar range. Anymore I think may decrease the chances for Starbound to be sold. However, you could possibly get away with twenty dollars and be perfectly fine. I still think ten to fifteen is the best choice though.

Trancos and Luna like this.
  8. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

I don't see why anyone would vote above 35$... I get that you would want to help the devs, but you're really not helping yourself or anyone in the community. Anyways, the game is bound to rake in a lot of cash anyways, just based on the hype.

9. Spike

Spike Supernova

By the way, buy bioschock infinite at a sale if you can; it's not worth $60, his I can promise you.

10. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

I've heard a lot of good things about it..?

11. Spike

Spike Supernova

I beat it in 8 hours and the ending... the ending was simply awful. Don't get me wrong though; the gameplay made me use every arsenal I have just to survive, but it's just too short and too.... metaphysical... for a $60 price tag. Seriously, that ending.... I get it, but it's still awful.

12. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

Well, we don't know what a pre-order will get us at this point.

13. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

The lack of multiplayer on Bioshock Infinite is the reason I didn't pre-order it. For the exact reason it gets boring fast.

A game that is truly not worth the regular price is Train Simulator 2013. Don't buy that shit. Even for a train lover and purchasing it at 75% off, I regret having it.

Luna likes this.
  14. Spike

Spike Supernova

I'm not going to pay $40 for the core game, and then $40 for every subsequent train add-ons. That was the most terrible DLC I have ever seen.

WoxandWarf and Luci like this.
  15. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Would you kindly... get back on topic.

16. Half

Half Industrial Terraformer

I think the cost of all the DLC together is like $2000 or something, it's crazy.

OT: I would say $20, with around $23 being the normal price. Also, I hate talking in dollars when I'm British, feels weird. o3o

17. AnHeroPrime

AnHeroPrime Orbital Explorer

I would happily pay $35+ for this game with how much content it promises. I just know I'm gonna end up playing this game for countless hours and enjoy it more than the AAA titles that are 60 bucks these days. I really wanna support you guys I hope you put some kind of super deluxe edition that i can buy and help support you guys. If not I'll probably buy like 3 copies of the game and gift to friends

18. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

That's a good idea. If there isn't a supporter edition I might just buy a few copies and gift them to people I know wouldn't pay for the game anyway. Hopefully I don't get any messages for that comment lol.

19. Lynx

Lynx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I voted for 20$ for pre-order, and expect about 30$ for release. Going to buy two copies, for me and for my wife <3 . If someone don't have money they should go and get a job, devs already did so. And to attract more customers there can be a discount in a week or two after the release.

Hallucinogenus and Stylµs like this.
  20. Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

Agreed. Although I think they should take advantage of the GBP for a change. We get slammed with higher prices because of the USD exchange rate, so this could be our chance for some productive payback.

>edit<
    Or conversion rate, whichever you prefer.