1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Preorder Price Vote!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Irrelephant, Mar 26, 2013.

?

What is a fair preorder price?

1. 5.00 Dollar 3.89 Euro

24 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. 7.00 Dollar 5.44 Euro

12 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. 10.00 Dollar 7.78 Euro

171 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. 12.00 Dollar 9.33 Euro

121 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. 15.00 Dollar 11.66 Euro

397 vote(s)
    44.5%
  6. 20.00 Dollar 15.55 Euro

125 vote(s)
    14.0%
  7. 35.00 Dollar 27.22 Euro

10 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. 50.00 Dollar 38.88 Euro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 60.00 Dollar 46.66 Euro

23 vote(s)
    2.6%
  10. No preorder

9 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Irrelephant

Irrelephant Big Damn Hero

Tiyuri So guys, what do you think would be a fair preorder price in dollars?

Tiyuri again wants our input! This time on what would be a fair preorder price. Here are some options:
    To be fair, the option for no preorder is there, too.

Edit for statistical analysis:
    As of 6:09 pm EST with the poll running for 5 hours, I have realized that the way the poll is set up may weaken the votes of people who would like a Starbound pre-order to be under 15$. Reading the posts, this is usually because the voters seem to think that 15$ is a good release price, and a pre-order should be for less money than that.

With the total amount of votes at 192 (disregarding the 2 that have voted against a pre-order), the voting falls into:
    Less than 15$: 73 voters
    15$: 90 voters
    More than 15$: 29 voters (note, 80% of these votes are for 20$)

Average:........................................14.65$
    Average adjusted for outliers:......14.18$
    Mode: .............................................15$
    Median:...........................................12$
    Median adjusted for outliers:.........15$

Hugt, AlphaMongoose, AIex and 5 others like this.
  2. shardival

shardival Pangalactic Porcupine

I think 12 $ is fair. Regular price should be about 15 $.

Buuuut, Tyi's tweet might also mean, that they are considering 15 $ as regular price and 10 $ for preorder (without goodies).

3. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

If pre-order is at a discounted price, I would say 15$ Pre-order, 20$ Retail.

4. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Agreed

5. Irrelephant

Irrelephant Big Damn Hero

I was thinking those were just common numbers for steam games, not what they were considering; those are good prices, though.

6. sasquatchjc

sasquatchjc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I feel like $10 should be the discounted pre-order, and $20 for the game when it's released. That way it seems more enticing to go for the pre-order and hopefully will bring in more sales early on in order to help the developers a bit

puppets and sshado like this.
  7. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Exactly that. I think anything less would be underselling the game.

8. Scourger

Scourger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Agreed.

Rekalty likes this.
  9. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

I agree with you, agreeing with me!
    Heck, I would gladly play more, if the option was given. If not, I'll just buy several copies and give them away.
    Considering that most AAA Titles cost 50-60$ but only offer 10-20ish hours of none-replay-able gameplay (at best!), Starbound would offer you... well, hundreds of hours of gameplay, having it only cost 15-20$ seems like a steal.
    Sadly, game prices are not related to the amount of content and hours of gameplay they offer.

10. DakoShark

DakoShark Pangalactic Porcupine

Personally. I think $15 for the pre-order and $20 for the retail, because then there isn't a massive stretch between the two and people aren't going to start raging cause they didn't get it for dirt cheap just cause they didn't pre-order. $15 is fair, I mean I'd pay more then that even, but with that price I will pre-order as soon as I can without any thought about it. :rofl:

11. Hellwege

Hellwege Gotta Catch 'em All! Mk.2

15 preorder. 20 retail

12. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

15 $ preorder, 20 $ retail sounds good to me. That's still a lot cheaper than some other games out there...

13. Sid_M

Sid_M Big Damn Hero

You guys make me a little disappointed, for the fact that you are lowballing the developers. They have been working on (what is sure to be) a fantastic game, and they deserve more than a measly $15. I think that their work should be paid for by around $35. Think about how long they have been working, and how hard. They should see the fruits of their labors, not barely break even.

14. shardival

shardival Pangalactic Porcupine

But then less people gonna buy it. We are all hyped for this game - but most customers will be from outside of this forum. They can't be scared off by "high price for some game with pixel graphic". :)

15. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

Refer to the tweet where Tiy asked if we wanted 10-15$ so don't start being rude please.

sshado, Leokins and Kitty Box like this.
  16. 15$ dollars sounds like a solid cost, and I'm not saying that to be cheap.
    It's an indie game, and indie games are fairly low-priced, becuase of the lack of publicity they often get.

(yeah, yeah, there ARE exceptions)

17. jacksnight

jacksnight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would happily pay 20 bucks for a preorder of any type, although i think it should be more for full release. I just think for all the content in this game they deserve to charge more...

Somewhere in the neighborhood of........

[​IMG]

18. Sid_M

Sid_M Big Damn Hero

I'm not being rude. How am I?

19. Luna

Luna Pangalactic Porcupine

Just, like, whatever price it'll be at release?
    "Pre-order" doesn't imply it'll be cheaper/more expensive- just that you're buying it before it's available and you'll get it once it's released.

Most games that have pre-orders with bonuses are full priced anyway.

Rainden and Silverduke1 like this.
  20. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bah I voted in the wrong mind set, I think $15 is perfectly fine