1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Order or not to Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ZXCV4523, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

So i did make a video on starbound talking abit about that game and question whever you should pre order the game or not at the end of the day i dont think its a bad thing to pre-order but if you go in thinking that the beta is the full game then you might what to reconsider pre-ordering anywho tell if i suck or not lol i am still new to this

Edit: Updated links for the videos all of them should be in this post now will update on a daily basis
    Links to Videos:

Talking about Starbound in a general sense

Controls, Player Stats, Actions, Movement and Physics.

Items and Objects

Enemies, Plants and Creatures

Spaceship, Building and Crafting

Playable Races, NPCs and Quests
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyNttEQBOLE

XeToRoG, Zoolot, Lazypeanut and 9 others like this.
  2. MuckyMuck

MuckyMuck Void-Bound Voyager

The answer is Yes pre-order.

Also, thanks for the vid.

3. Lirinya

Lirinya Orbital Explorer

So much yes. Whilst I didn't pay for the pre-order myself, I would have done given half the chance.

I would pre-order even if they offered nothing in return. No beta, no extras, I'd still have got it regardless. I think that, if you intend on buying the game when it's released, there's no harm in pre-ordering.

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  4. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

Yes i have to say as for myself personally i can't say no to this game :D and thanks for the input

5. Gentleman

Gentleman Star Wrangler

I sure will!
    I am always up to a indie game!

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  6. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

Great video, I like it and would watch more.

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  7. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this ask have only one answer: PREORDER NOW

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  8. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

Just uploaded the next part to my video i plan to look over some of the features of the game and state my understand on them free feel to check it out :D

Link

9. HyperActive

HyperActive Star Wrangler

Definitely worth the preorder. I love doing beta's for games and partaking somewhat in the development process. I don't think you'll regret preordering

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  10. Rins

Rins Master Chief

Preorder of course, but i cant becouse no paypal in my town :) so i think i will wait for steam version :(

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  11. Affero

Affero Contributor

This was really nice! Thanks for uploading, you have a good view of things unlike many!

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  12. Herdo

Herdo Pangalactic Porcupine

Video looks great, but I do have one major criticism. You mentioned "part of the team of Chucklefish, was the original team of Re-Logic". While that may be true, as far as I know it's only Tiy, and he was simply a spriter. Mentioning it like that gives the impression that the team at Re-Logic went on to develop a new studio to develop Starbound. I personally don't see a problem with this, but there is a huge backlash of people saying "Terraria in Space", "Terraria 2.0", "Terraria ripoff". Stuff like this doesn't help.

Steve Jobs first job was at Hewlett-Packard, but we don't say "part of the team of Apple, was originally employed by Hewlett-Packard". That implies they are connected somehow, when in reality they aren't related at all. I think we need to distance Starbound from Terraria as much as possible, instead of drawing comparisons.

Finn Learson and ZXCV4523 like this.
  13. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

Good point for some reason i thought there were more people from re-logic working on this i am not sure why i am sorry for the wrong information and your right i really shouldn't compare them because at the end of the day there really trying to do something different and thanks for the feedback i just wish there was a easy way to change what i said in my videos

Herdo likes this.
  14. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

Woooo I like your videos and I'm not too sure why. The music in the background is a plus but I think that your voice is the biggest reason. You also almost never stop talking so it's a constant and you have an amazing flow to your speech that I haven't come across in other videos. I went back to make sure that I liked your videos and I'll subscribe (and I don't subscribe very easily).

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  15. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

thanks for that you just made my day :D

Herdo likes this.
  16. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

obvious things are obvious! Pre-order now, keep supporting the game!

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  17. realng

realng Void-Bound Voyager

To Pre or not to Pre, this is a question

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  18. Herdo

Herdo Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh no, don't worry about changing it. Like I said, I personally am not bothered by it, but it seems like everyday I see a post or a comment somewhere saying:

"So why did Re-Logic change their name to Chucklefish, and why did Redigit change his name to Tiy, and why did they change the name of Terraria 2 to Starbound?!?!" :facepalm:

By the way, I am not saying you are implying that or anything; for some reason people draw these crazy conclusions in their head.

Also, I just got done watching your second video, and it was awesome. Going over the "List of Announced Game Information" was a great idea because so many people don't seem to be aware of that thread. Keep them coming!

ZXCV4523 likes this.
  19. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

Ah i c sorry for reading into it too much i do that alot lol and once again thanks for the feedback :D and i will keep them coming should have another up tomorrow :D

Herdo likes this.
  20. ZXCV4523

ZXCV4523 Big Damn Hero

Just uploaded another feel free to check it out :D

Herdo likes this.