1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Order Beta Confirmed!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Forever, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

Tiy.png
    Also, Bartwe said that it is extremely unlikely that the beta will be ready during Q1 of 2013. Here's hoping to Q2!

Aeon, xboy777, FrozenFlame and 127 others like this.
  2. Blue_Assassin

Blue_Assassin Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, thats interesting, thanks for posting.

3. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Well it's good we have some confirmation. Probably won't stop people arguing about it though.

4. Program_024

Program_024 Title Not Found

Looks like I know where I'll be putting some of my discretionary funds...

5. Platipus

Platipus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well you did call dibs. Well done sir.

On a side note, I guess adding a pre-order beta is ok. I think? The only benefit I can perceive is some early feedback on an unfinished product which I guess helps-alongside chances of finding more bugs.

6. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

I would prefer that they wait until they're finished with the game before they make it public, but oh well. Also:

[15:14:05] <Tiy> space station wont be in beta

7. Yumi

Yumi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So instead of a million threads about a release date we will now have a million threads about the beta release date, awesome. But this is good news!

8. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

What about all that money they'd get from people pre-ordering in order to access the beta? Surely that is a benefit that would help speed development as well.

Aeon, Ova84, Raeden and 4 others like this.
  9. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Woohoo. Let's be honest, most of us are probably excited at the prospect of playing a pre-order beta even if it goes against some people's sensibilities or opinions on the contrary. I think it will be great to get to play, improve the game, and be part of it all in a bigger way. ;)

I'm assuming this will include multiplayer? It would be a good way to really test the engine's capabilities.

10. Fantastic Mr. Legion

Fantastic Mr. Legion Phantasmal Quasar

I like to believe that with all the money they will make from pre-orders, Tiy is going to build a money fort just like our lord Gaben.

11. Mokunen

Mokunen Void-Bound Voyager

I wouldn't consider that as a confirmation. Also, this is the only thing that'll stop people from arguing.

12. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

13. DrPhibes

DrPhibes Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd simply enjoy giving them my money, they truly deserve it.

14. MartinJF

MartinJF Tentacle Wrangler

Yes! That's awesome!: D

15. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

But it came from the Mighty Tiyuri himself! If that's not confirmation, then NOTHING is!

16. Mokunen

Mokunen Void-Bound Voyager

Indeed, but he did use the word "planned" so... :p

Draken09 and Zailiner like this.
  17. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

sweet this is so awesome

18. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Unless you think the picture was faked, then believe it. He never said exactly when, mind you. Just that it's planned.
    Exactly, it's going to happen - Tiy is the lead developer, not some random person spreading hearsay. I get what you're saying, Mokunen - planned doesn't mean that it 100% will happen. But I think it will - why would he say it and then not do it, at the risk of losing credibility and getting backlash?

SorasNobodyXIII likes this.
  19. Mandachi

Mandachi Orbital Explorer

I'm kinda disappointed; As much as I'd rather play the game when it's fully released, I know there's no way I'll be able to resist playing the beta if I have access to it

20. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Noted down. I have a smirk on my face now :D

Mikele97 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.