1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Please don't make an invedit, community!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BlastRed, Nov 8, 2013.

?

Do you want InvEdit for starbound?

1. No, that ruins games. "cheats"

56 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. Yes, i need to modify something and "promise" not to use it on servers.

45 vote(s)
    44.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

I remember with some games I've played in the past that an account that used an inv-editor or likewise program was marked as an 'editing' account or 'cheater' account. Or the items that had been added had a special asterisk or something in the description that marked it as a edited item

2. Karth

Karth Pangalactic Porcupine

Server side inventory would stop any possible multiplayer cheating with a inventory editor (short of hacking the server.) As far as single player games go, it's that player's experience. If they want to use an inventory editor tool, then so be it. Personally I probably won't use one, and I really don't care if others do.

3. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Ok. ok. i know. this thread is discontinued right now.
    but the poll is still active

4. Armoth288

Armoth288 Star Wrangler

I only EVER use them if I'm doing something strictly building related and only if what I'm building is massive and near impossible to actually get all the materials for. I go and get the resources myself otherwise.
    On the terms of Terraria? Never used one.
    Minecraft? Only for custom potions and enchantments for adventure style maps.

5. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Just stahp messaging on this thread. pretend its not here~!

6. Armoth288

Armoth288 Star Wrangler

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'll go one better and lock it. It escalated quicker than Ron Burgundy expected.

Serenity, BlastRed, PolarStar and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.