Plasma cutter

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by matheusmmsbr, Jan 29, 2013.

1. matheusmmsbr

matheusmmsbr Pangalactic Porcupine

Aer_, Arretez, Rekalty and 1 other person like this.
  2. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

We need information, man. We don't know what to exactly use it for, or when you will get it. You need to put some detail into it.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  3. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

this is the best thread ever

WoxandWarf and matheusmmsbr like this.
  4. Timelord

Timelord Big Damn Hero

So, like, it is a battery based weapon which fires a condensed beam?

I'm sure most people have played Dead Space, but definitely not everyone, you gotta explain things far more clearly in your posts.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  5. matheusmmsbr

yep thanks for advice i'm going to try to change the way i explain ( i use so much lines to explain 1 thing, next time i going to edit)

And i'm a brazilian, i don't know how to explain like the use of x word in y place you know

6. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

I'm not sure the toggle for vertical/horizontal fire would work well in a 2D game (since it would essentially make it either show 3 or 1 beam(s) due to you seeing everything from the side)
    That said, I would really love to see Lasers in the game, and laser pointers, both as an indication of where the weapon will hit, rather than having a mouse hover around, use the laser pointer to show path of bullet (or whatever the selected gun fires) so you're able to know if it's even able to hit. Also, because lasers are just cool, it's a fact.

matheusmmsbr and WoxandWarf like this.
  7. Rekalty

True. As long as he doesn't cross the Beams.

demanrisu and WoxandWarf like this.
  8. matheusmmsbr

yea the 3x damage is because you see 1 bullet but have 3 by being a 2D game, and i'm like maked a robot that look a like the isaac armor and would be cool roleplay with that weapon you know :rofl:
    Also this weapon+space = awesomeness

9. Rekalty

300% damage may be a bit excessive. If it's a beam weapon, it would fire bursts rather than one instant zap, so each beam damages whatever it hits over a second or so, if all 3 beams hit the same target, awesome, but if you're able to make it hit multiply enemies, even better! And, if you're using a high-level weapon on a low-level planet with weak foes, it would pretty much just slice several foes if they're standing behind each other.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  10. matheusmmsbr

well but if put like a low damage on each bullet and take like a recoil to shot again

11. Rekalty

Yeah, sure :) each beam would deal 1/3 damage, over a second or so, and seeing as it's generating quite a bit of heat, it needs to cool down for a second or so, before you can fire again. Being a laser/beam weapon, it would use a power source to fire, though I'm not certain exactly how the Merry Chucklers are going to implement ranged energy weapons.

matheusmmsbr likes this.
  12. Phantomhearts

Phantomhearts Phantasmal Quasar

this would also make as a good mining weapon aswell (seeing as how most if not all dead space weapons were in fact mining tools)

matheusmmsbr likes this.
  13. matheusmmsbr

if this is implemented, for sure all my dead space fan friends and a clan that i'm in mind go play :rofl:

14. Rekalty

I'm not sure what kind of mining you're doing with Flamethrowers and Javelin Guns... But I really want to go with you on your next mining trip!

15. Phantomhearts

well i think that the flamethrower was to melt the stone and the javelin ... explosive?

16. Rekalty

So, scissors beats paper, and flamethrower beats rock?

But, back on that thing the thread is called... Topic, yes. Beam Weapons, me want!

17. Septavius

Septavius Title Not Found

The second I saw this thread I grinned, immediate support.

matheusmmsbr likes this.
  18. Phantomhearts

This is one thing i would love to see in starbound either as an easter egg or a ligit weapon/easter egg (no non-easter egg here)