Planets/Star systems at war

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Speno1, May 15, 2012.

1. Speno1

Speno1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

EXACTLY
    Maybe even mini-bosses.
    It could even have many participating races, and up to 4 sides!

Liquidified likes this.
  2. Liquidified

Liquidified Big Damn Hero

I love the idea like i said in the comment above keep up the good work Speno1

beta2000 and Speno1 like this.
  3. Speno1

I have edited the main post again. (By edited I mean added more to)

beta2000 likes this.
  4. Clalle

Clalle Master Chief

this sounds awesome! what would be really cool would be if your selected home planet could get relations with other civilized lifeforms that could end up in wars or other diplomatic options. could also be cool with a population on your home planet that could have opinions about the relations and in general just exist so that you home planet after a while of working on it could have a city! :rofl:

xboy777, Omegatron and Speno1 like this.
  5. Speno1

Exactly man!

beta2000 likes this.
  6. Speno1

Good idea!

beta2000 likes this.
  7. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree. That would tackle the who "What if it lags from loading battles in the background" dilemma seeing as there probably wont be a high amount of civilized species in the game. I imagine it's going to be 40% civilized NPC's and 60% unintelligent hostile/neutral/passive creature NPC's.

But we'll see. If anything, they could just make some sort of piece of code that counts how long a player has been away from a recently-discovered planet that's at war and when returning to those planets, use said code to predict what could have happened between them based on a lot of variables (odds of comprmising, aggression from both sides, number and skill of troops) and make that prediction come true. That way the game could simulate a lot of different things on many different planets using the same piece of code and give the illusion of "progression" while away from a planet.

Speno1 likes this.
  8. Speno1

Yeah, it would be good if the diplomacy, power and landscape (destruction or building of war structures) changed while you were away, but it would be good if something alerted you when a key thing changed, e.g. one force might change sides.

beta2000 and xboy777 like this.
  9. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

I do like this idea, it would be a good addition to PVP, sounds like a plan, I hope there will be large-scale faction PVP in Starbund, like Avians vs. Apes or something.

xboy777 and Speno1 like this.
  10. Speno1

Yeah, you could have wars with ur friends!

xboy777 likes this.
  11. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can picture the Terarria-style notifications where text pops up in the lower left corner but it should only be important things that pop up because I can picture getting the left portion of your screen filled with updates about multiple planetary wars, side-changes, faction advancements/losses, and other things like that.

Speno1 likes this.
  12. Speno1

Thanks for the ideas guys!

beta2000 likes this.
  13. Alexblex

Alexblex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This sounds amazing, the fact is this is something that I would love to see in Starbound. Nice suggestion.

beta2000 and Speno1 like this.
  14. Speno1

woot

beta2000 likes this.
  15. Authos

Authos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think the idea and concept in itself is brilliant it sounds very Mass Effect 3 which I am sure you will all agree is a brilliant space game adding concepts like wars between systems makes this game become even better. This game is shaping up to become one of the best sprite games ever!:)

Speno1 likes this.
  16. Speno1

Glad you like it :p

17. Authos

Thats okay it is your idea and I am very impressed that is why I decided to drop you afew likes as a reward for your hard work.:)

Speno1 likes this.
  18. Speno1

Thnx :p

19. Speno1

20. Authos

Nice new profile pic!:)

Speno1 likes this.