Planet: Terraria

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by WatcherCCG, Mar 1, 2012.

1. BenevolentLlama57

BenevolentLlama57 Space Hobo

it should be as youre in the spaceship you see terraria blow up

2. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero

Yeah I really like the idea. You know, Tiy said on Twitter that they will have like creepers from Minecraft, diggles from Dredmore and such in the game. Which makes me think: "Hmmm... Is there like a gaming universe" ( Lol what was I thinking there?) So you can find everything that has with gaming to do in a weird universe that don't exist. Like you could find those meteors from Terarria in Starbound for example.

3. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

I think a 1:100 isn't very good. That leave a very high chance of actually getting it compared to finding, say, a black lens from the demon eyes from Terraria which was 1:200

4. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero

Or maybe like the "Minceraft" easter egg in Minecraft. 1:10,000.:V

5. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

Yeah, if you're finding an entire WORLD it should be really really rare.

CommanderCnicko likes this.
  6. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

This is something I would like to see. Nostalgia is great. :DD

7. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

While if the Developers worked out a deal with the Terraria team for this, and it would be an awesome way to "end" Terraria's story (which lets face it; was always left unfinished), I'd have to agree that for an easter-egg, it would take a bit too much development. That, and involving a Terraria easter-egg with this much depth to it (ha! pun intended) would give the Terraria team a good reason to be able to ask for a cut of the profits from Starbound.

While I love the way you've wrapped up Terraria with this idea, I'd prefer to see it as an addon/mod for the actual game, rather than a cheap easter-egg in another one.

8. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

The "Terraria team" was one person that left Terraria (which is why Terraria has no more updates), Tiy, and I'm not completely sure if there was anyone else in the team.

9. St Fonz

St Fonz Existential Complex

Redigit? I would say he is referring to Tiy making a deal with Redigit. I highly doubt this will happen.

10. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

You never know.

11. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

well, the extent of my knowledge was that at least 2 people worked on Terraria, and Tiy had gone off on his own to meet with the Starbound team. That's as far as my though process went. :poptop:

12. Deotay

Deotay Cosmic Narwhal

I love the idea of going back to Terraria for one last hurrah.

I also like the story you weaved with with the descriptions of each zone. I think it'd be really nice to see some more personality from the NPCs instead of what Terraria gave us.

I also really like the idea of becoming more friendly with the Demons, that sounds really cool. Making your character converse with demons makes it all the more badass. Really nice work here.

13. Bobot The Robot

Bobot The Robot Space Spelunker

I second an easter egg in SB, but make it an item. Like the voodoo doll, guide, or some other small thing that could easily be added.

14. EarthNature

EarthNature Starship Captain

It sounds very complicated, but I think this would be so cool in the game.

15. Pride

Pride Subatomic Cosmonaut

When you try to ask people about the statue, they tell you it does nothing and to stop making threads about it :iswydt:

16. lilbrick

lilbrick Void-Bound Voyager

It's a nice idea but I don't think there should be this entire story behind it, a tad complicated and like others said legal issues and such. But perhaps an item from Terraria, not directly though. Something similar enough that you would KNOW it's an easter egg, like how the Hero's vanity outfit is CLEARLY Link from TLOZ. But not the Angel Statue because I think that's what everyone here would expect the item to be. An example would be a museum in the game with a glass cabinet that holds a musket or something from the game like that or perhaps an ore. Just what I am thinking.

17. pyromancerLaurentius

pyromancerLaurentius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Perhaps Terraria (Maybe misspelled Terrarai) could be mentioned in the beginning of Starbound as the human (and/or goblin, if they're in the game) home planet, but you would be unable to visit it due to having "already explored it's mysteries", "Wanting to move on to bigger and better things", or "Best to leave some for the next generation to explore". Alternatively an item or NPC cameo would be just as satisfying. Making a mod would be a great way to give any migrating terraria players a sense of closure and allow them to move on. This is a great idea, regardless of whether or not it will be added I'd like to congratulate the thread maker.

18. Zosimus

Zosimus Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds awesome. It can be possible to edit things a wee bit so it wouldn't infringe any copyright. But a cameo is enough imo.

19. EarthNature

EarthNature Starship Captain

I think just an easter egg about Terraria would be enough.

20. krayfuse

krayfuse Big Damn Hero

I would love to, as an easter egg, like, 1:100,000 chance, of finding a 'Guide' NPC in your space station when you start off, and talking to him gives you a copper pickaxe, copper axe, and maybe later on, you can trade in something super rare for Excalibur, Dao of Pow, or something more simple, like the Thorn Chukrum :p