Planet notes

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Tixed, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Tixed

Tixed Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to suggest a way to add a note about a visited planet. Like "big ore deposits here", or "flying monkey flamethrowers NOPE", or "built a big house here with my stash".
    Just reminders about the places that you've visited, and what is most interesting about the planet. Best if notes could be seen from starmap, for tracking "been there, done that" kinda way.

Two good places to access notes: starmap and (maybe) GUI/inventory when exploring the planet (to write these notes while exploring).

http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1nb0hi/planet_notes/
    Looks like people on reddit like it. So as suggested, posting this idea here.
    Also, from reddit comments: favorities/bookmark system for planets, and some kind of checkmark system for the planets player have visited already can be linked to this note system somehow. Helps keep track on your stuff and interesting places, and helps OCD people like me to keep track on what's been explored already.
    Access to this notes in multiplayer might be helpful too.

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

This is something that I personally would use a lot.
    However, that text is extremely hard to read, and might put some people off. I would recommend making it default color before too many people come through.
    Anyways, +1!

4. Tixed

Yeah, that was some weird formatting issue on my side. First time posting here. Fixed it :)

Ado and F-ranko like this.
  5. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

"flying monkey flamethrowers NOPE" - Only in Starbound.

Yep, I would love this.

Tixed likes this.
  6. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

If other players could read it you could leave messeges for them too

"Already mined out all the easy ore"

"Watch out, lava near spawn"

7. Tixed

Yeah, that's the point of such notes in multiplayer. They should have an author showing, and maybe visibility settings also (public/private) for that purpuse.

8. Code

Code Poptop Tamer

Really would be helpful, I just know I'd forget that stuff.

9. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

Good point, names shoudl be a part of that. and sever owners should be able to turn them on/off

10. Grakiao

Grakiao Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems like a great idea, upvoted!

11. Sklobington

Sklobington Void-Bound Voyager

I could see this being really useful, especially on big servers. And for trolling.... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

12. Tixed

Thanks to all who voted! Hope they'll implement it, at least sometime in the future. I'm a game developer myself, so I know that feature backlog could become pretty crowded in the process.

13. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

This would be great!
    Although I worry about what trolls would do on multiplayer with this.

14. Someone100800

Someone100800 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This would be rather helpfull..
    Especially since I would be trying to figure out witch planet had my giant mine.

15. Tixed

...or a giant trophy/treasure storage. ;)

I wonder, maybe that's how dungeons are formed.
    "Hey, this seems like a good place to store all my valuable loot. Hm, a few traps and other security systems should be appropriate."
    (few centuries later)
    "Oh, a dungeon! With treasure!"

kik4444 and SPARTEN1337 X13 like this.
  16. Someone100800

Someone100800 Subatomic Cosmonaut

W
    lol

17. Sirfailalot

Sirfailalot Void-Bound Voyager

Oh I'd use this thing constantly. Giant flamethrowing spiders with acidic webs? 'Maximum nope, recommend nuking from orbit or asteroid drop immediately'.