1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel Pixel Splat: A gore project

Discussion in 'Art' started by Prophet of Deception, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Prophet of Deception

Prophet of Deception Big Damn Hero

Recently I tried to spruce my avatar up a bit and all I could think of doing to him was to give him a blown up head or missing gut!
    Unique.png Don't worry about the white background, I just haven't finished my guys. Your avatars on the other hand will be completely awesome and on a clear background!
    Like so! If you want to have your (or someone elses) avatar or any pixel creature you have gored up a bit or maybe mishapen I can help! Also tell me if you want them to have a weapon for an arm/body/leg/head because I will try that too!

Yaxlat and nababoo like this.
  2. Prophet of Deception

3. Prophet of Deception

4. Yaxlat

Yaxlat Existential Complex

Nice... :sarcasm:

Prophet of Deception likes this.
  5. JKarser

JKarser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Brutal ._.;

6. Prophet of Deception

Is anyone going to request though?

7. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

uh, they would look better if the gore was on the same scale as the people

like this
    [​IMG]
    this is weirdly fun

Jedesis and Zailiner like this.
  8. Prophet of Deception

Yes but I specialize in detailed gore. I could do that kind as well, if that's what is keeping people from requesting. Also sorry for not sending you my character, my computer hates me and my pics. Did you just copy paste from here and clear the background?

9. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when you do "detailed" gore it just comes off as "I just learned MS Paint" gore, no offense :T

Dave Combine and Zailiner like this.
  10. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

it's because he enlarges the sprites and edit them to make it look more detailed, which in fact backfires and makes the whole thing look kinda 'meh' because it's small detail on a larger, less detailed sprite.

11. Prophet of Deception

Alexander Rin - Copy (2) - Copy.PNG I know this is still smallish but it's all over his body. I'm doing some bigger bits now. Someone REQUEST!:mspaint:

12. EpsilonEagle256

EpsilonEagle256 Pangalactic Porcupine

Brutalize Epsilon eagle!
    [​IMG]
    damage that armor and make part of his skull showing lol, with some scarring of course :p

13. Prophet of Deception

Will do Captain!

14. Prophet of Deception

Sorry it's taking so long but I'm at my aunts doing work experience and my laptop needs to be fixed, it's screen doesn't work sometimes.

15. Prophet of Deception

BirdG.png BirdG.png Taa Daa! Epsilon Eagle in all of his Gory, I mean Glory!

Jedesis and EpsilonEagle256 like this.
  16. EpsilonEagle256

EpsilonEagle256 Pangalactic Porcupine

17. Prophet of Deception

Well do you think you want to send in an avatar to prove your iron stomach?

18. Prophet of Deception

Ok, it just sounded like you said other people found it gross. But seriously? No-one under 13 is allowed on these forums and yet with all of these MA 15+ games full of gore that most people play there could be people that can be grossed out by pixel blood?

19. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

Have you tried Mortal Kombat? It's about a mortal human that misspells wombat, pretty cute. Also be sure to put in the keyword fatality if you are googling, it shows you a written walkthrough through the 'facility'.

20. FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

I think the point being made is that the details that are shown (bone chunks and horrendous rendering of flesh) make it disgusting. If you look at games like Gears of War, sure they're extremely graphic but if you notice, the bones and such are not showing well. They just look like giblets. The things that makes it disgusting are mostly the bones for me. And as to why few are requesting, I for one like my people whole and not torn apart. While that's just personal preference, I say that because it seems to me others have that same sentiment.

WoxandWarf likes this.