1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Penguin Race/Species (You can now be a penguin)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Crystalwolf, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Crystalwolf

Crystalwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Using Kawas race as a tutorial for myself I was able to put together a penguin race I was able to make a penguin race.
    It took a lot of messing about with art assetts and I came across some problems with the code but I eventually got it too work for.

[​IMG]

I do need to do a lot more such as change weapon placement and all that other stuff. (Possibly make a seperate storyline and new armour and weapons for the penguin)

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/download/7mxom6mkm6kfc2m/Penguin.zip

Hope you guys enjoy!

Current Problems :
    ALL items will appear weird to the penguin. This is because of the height of him.

P.s Please post all bugs and problems to me so I can attempt to fix them.​

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. StarFists

StarFists Space Hobo

God yes it was only a matter of time

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I can see some obvious issues already, and I haven't even downloaded it yet.

4. Etienne

Etienne Aquatic Astronaut

Perfect.

Svarr Chanston and RicardRC like this.
  5. BobdaBiscuit

BobdaBiscuit Big Damn Hero

It's. It's beautiful.

Svarr Chanston and RicardRC like this.
  6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And then Gunther tried to hold his matter manipulator.

7. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

you should make the penguin there vary own spaceship

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  8. Crystalwolf

I was going to make them a Christmas/Ice themed ship in time for Christmas though there isn't much point till I get all the kinks fixed out with them.

9. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

how exactly do i install it ?_?

10. Crystalwolf

Put all the files into assets

11. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

Okay I did that, now when i click on penguin it shows only hylotl clothes and then crashes
    EDIT: the character (hylotl clothing) is shown when im in character select, then when i go to join a multiplayer game ir gives me a blank error
    EDIT 2: joining singleplayer gives me a "client server connection no longer valid"

12. Veav

Veav Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How does it look with weapons/armor being worn? Screenies anyone?

13. sjheiss

sjheiss Tentacle Wrangler

I can't test this right now, so I'll ask: Does this add another race selection in the character creator, or replace an existing race?

14. Crystalwolf

It adds a new race button.

It looks terrible and armour/clothes don't work yet. Expect a fix in the next week with armor just for the penguin.

15. GSPU

GSPU Phantasmal Quasar

Pretty much out of all mods I have seen, I'm interested in this one!

Keep it up, and as a personal request I'd like to see an alternate version/look starring Prinny.

16. sjheiss

sjheiss Tentacle Wrangler

Do a Tux skin or something! xD

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Which, as I already warned you, only causes more problems.

18. Macbuk

Macbuk Aquatic Astronaut

Could you just stop hating his work? I don't know if it's your intention, but you really sound like a douche now. Just give him a chance to work on this.

As to the mod, looks pretty nice. You could make invisible vanity clothes as placeholder for now, so that nothing glitches.

Spike Rose, Squiddy, Shasow and 4 others like this.
  19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I'm sorry, who's hating? I gave him a friendly warning which, because he persisted, I repeated. I do believe your uncalled-for verbal violence towards me makes you the apparent douche here. Why would I hate on this project, when I'm actually proud to be the one who helped get it started in the first place?

Edit: wording was a little bluh.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  20. Rik

Rik Industrial Terraformer

Not to butt in here, but after analyzing this thread and the context of your posts, you come across as a self-absorbed and arrogant prick. I lack proper conclusive information to determine if this is true or not. I do not say this to you with the intention to offend, merely making an observation based on the information given. But, perhaps you should word your posts more carefully in the future to alleviate potential drama?

The modding community is a group effort, everyone benefiting from each other's work. I certainly know I couldn't of made any proper contributions without the efforts of other people's work in this Forum.

Perhaps he will find solutions to the problems you faced and you can in turn, improve your own mod in the process.

Squiddy, Shasow, Shhmio and 5 others like this.