1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Old Space Station Hub as Your Ship, Vannila Multiplayer Compatiple

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by BobdaBiscuit, Dec 5, 2013.

1. BobdaBiscuit

BobdaBiscuit Big Damn Hero

Oh God I posted in General Disscussion by mistake. (Sorry)
    As you may know Starbound used to have a Space Station main base instead of a tiny ship, I found a way to add your own ships to the game, by readding the most upgraded old ship.
    Now I've readded the Space Station.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7z5zrycgc3j8krc/BobdaBiscuit Space Station Mod.7z

Install:
    1. Backup.
    2. Extract into "/***/steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/assets/ships/<race you want/"
    eg: /***/steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/assets/ships/human/
    3. Overwrite.
    4. Play (make a new character)
    5. Hope
    6. Go into the thread and tell me what happened.

Confirmed to work in multiplayer but it might have issues down the line.
    It works due to the images allready being in the game and the way ships are stored player by player.
    Extra building may be required to get to the lower levels.
    The Factory railing is actually fake.
    station1.png station2.png station3d.png
    Backup screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/a/QHKGh

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  2. RenegadeVeggie

RenegadeVeggie Void-Bound Voyager

So far it works out fine with putting it into the human ship folder.
    But good luck getting down a few floors without some platforms unless you love fall damage.

The railing in the Factory isn't actually able to be stood upon, and the lights don't work there.
    A bit dark, but it's an abandoned space station, so I guess it's to be expected.

3. Conir

Conir Void-Bound Voyager

could you post a screenshot?

4. BobdaBiscuit

That's them in the OP, and imgur.
    Glad to see it's working for others.

5. Conir

Conir Void-Bound Voyager

thank you!

is this something the devs will add later on? as an option to upgrade your ship? or is this a leftover from previous development?

6. BobdaBiscuit

The way it's set up yes, someone who knows what they are doing could make a program to automise all of this aswell.

7. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Woopwopp, nthat looks great! Could be housing for an entire clan, you could desaign your own room etc, nice find and work

8. lavaknight

lavaknight Void-Bound Voyager

so i got a question. would it be at all possible to make this a MAIN hub because me and some friends wana make a role play and would like to be able to dock our ships and customize and so on with this place, have it where they power down let you out and refuel and with enough pixels (100k - 999k) you upgrade it and it takes a while so you just chill there lol.

9. BobdaBiscuit

No sorry, that's something major that'll need to be done by either the devs or someone who know ehat their doing, try starting a thread in the suggestion forums.

10. SirDakishi

SirDakishi Starship Captain

can confirm working on SP all races,

server works if server has a race modded with the Space Station ship

11. Tyrael75

Tyrael75 Void-Bound Voyager

Crashes game instantly when trying in SP

12. Cuynn

Cuynn Void-Bound Voyager

works flawlessly both in multiplayer and SP ! nice find, the space station is really huge

13. Rho

Rho Pixel Sorceress Chucklefish

Oh man, I had no idea we actually added that on the release. That was made over two years ago, before we had any coders and the game premise was slightly different so we were completely flying blind on how the graphics needed to be formatted, and the style evolved a bit more since then. I'd love to go back and redo this completely one day.

It's nice to see it ingame though!

14. BobdaBiscuit

It took a bit of work with positioning the images against the blockmap, do you guys have something I don't so you don't have to spend an hour or so doing trial and error?
    I think most people would like some sort of guild/clan ship at some point.

Also, what are the chances of having the ship art images tied to characters so they can go on a server (which will download the images) and others will be able to see their ship?

15. BobdaBiscuit

Any chance you could give me the log at the time of the crash?

16. Rho

Rho Pixel Sorceress Chucklefish

I'd love to do the guild/clan ship at some point too.

Images tied to characters pretty much calls for dynamic content delivery, which is definitely possible, but a huge complex task. I think it's planned.

17. Nienna_orr

Nienna_orr Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm going to play around with this for a few hours and report what happens.

Edit: I mean play as in go about seeing what i can do on the station I.E try to place blocks ect see what happens in the long run or if any errors pop up around the game.

Edit1: So don't know if this was Beta or the mod but with my Apex i spawned in with a full slot and bag of Apex officer shirts with diff colors of each. This shouldn't be because of the mod but either way it happened when i used this. But i'm going to go ahead and say Beta Bug

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  18. Kelzo

Kelzo Void-Bound Voyager

it didn't work for me, when I logged on it just showed the engines, chest, etc.

19. BobdaBiscuit

Just to double check, are the 5 images in the race folder you're using and is it a new character?

20. Kelzo

Kelzo Void-Bound Voyager

There aren't 5 images, maybe it's because I'm using a mac, but it's not unzipping.