1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Nightly Players: Regarding Farming

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by sayter, Nov 28, 2014.

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Hey guys. I make the FrackinFlora mod. You've probably heard of it by now. If not, that's cool. Huge farming/science mod. Spared

Those on nightly that have unpacked the assets to take a peek at what is inside, could you inform on the new farmables? I have a heap of work to do in preparing the mod for nightly when it goes to Stable (whenever that might be) and would love to get a head start on it now (all told there are about 200 plants I need to organize and balance!) . Is there some place with a list of all new plants at present so that I can pre-emptively add them into my documents? And what about trees, vines, bushes , grasses etc? Does anyone have a diff-list for these specific assets, as I cannot seem to find any references on github or whatnot at present.

Secondly, beyond prices and growth times to separate the 4-tier farming system I've seen posted about before are there currently any other changes in how farming operates? (do we need to water plants now? do plants have a chance to die? etc)

If folks are unsure, I don't mind dual-installing the game and having both versions. I just hoped someone would know before I went to the trouble!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Since a lot of this stuff is currently being tweaked, I think you'd be better off to do the dual-install method as some of the assets change almost every night. Trying to keep up with the diffs would probably be more difficult than just having an updated version of the file(s) handy.

Just my $0.02.

Serenity likes this.
  3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

The only major thing that I would think would take longer than adding the new plants would be the actual change to the scripting. Keep in mind merge changed to something a bit more flexible.

I will probably end up updating my own personal mod when the time comes as well.

I have only played an earlier nightly and haven't since. But know in the very least that major change I mentioned. That is if you use that heavily. Just pointing that out just in case you didn't know.

4. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I know that _merge[] changed to the new patch system, what I meant was that if the structure of the asset file changes at all you'll have to update your patching stuff to match the new structure.

Tamorr likes this.
  5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea, merging was less a concern than content. I've gone ahead and dual installed. I don't yet see the swamp trees and plants posted about a while back , yet, nor the new glowy plants so I suppose that is a "to be added later" thing anyhow.

I'm pleased as pie that there aren't 65,000 things to add and edit though. I'll have extensive rewrites in a few areas, but the majority appears to remain largely intact with minor tweaks.

Tamorr likes this.
  6. Dunto

Dunto Guest

The .bush file doesn't seem to exist yet, but the other assets are there for the glowing bush stuff: assets/unpacked/plants/bushes/ground/bioluminescence

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

They must have been added after i scoped things out last night or something. edit: just checked, and yea, they added it after I unpacked last :)

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Its better just to wait till the next major stable. Coming Q4 - Q1.

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yea, I'm not doing heaps of work before stable release. My main thing is that I want to pre-incorporate a ton of the new stuff, then jsut comment out what won't run right now. Then, when stable DOES release people won't need to wait 3 months for my code to be updated and playable.