1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Nightly Build Combat

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Untrustedlife, Jul 26, 2014.

?

Do you like The combat in the nightly Build?

1. Its Good

41.7%
  2. Its Ok

29.2%
  3. The enemies attack far too slowly.

4.2%
  4. Feels too slow

12.5%
  5. Its Bad

12.5%
  1. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you have tried the nightly build, and I have... you will notice combat has changed quite a bit..

It is much slower now and such.

How do you feel about this?

I personally think the enemies are too slow in it, but thats my opinion, i still die sometimes. Feels a bit awkward to me.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  2. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I wished there was a have not played nightly option in the poll. I heard others say it's better.

3. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

I think.... .... we need hamsters as pets in the game. I want a space hamster like in mass effect 2-3.

Untrustedlife and Serenity like this.
  4. Untrustedlife

hamsters are fun :p.. its interesting to see other peoples opinions the poll is split 1 vote each.

5. Lintton

Lintton Guest

How is the high tier combat compared to the beginning tiers?

6. ejh1990

ejh1990 Phantasmal Quasar

I have only dipped in and out of the nightly builds as and when the mood struck me. Though I have to say I really like the direction of combat changes. Before it felt too easy to cheese (and sometimes it was like the mobs were cheesing the player). There actually feels like there's more strategy now. I especially love the way that walking backwards slows the player down; it's good that it's now important to plan how to handle situations rather than the whole keep attacking and moving away while facing the enemy affair that was the previous system.

krylo and Untrustedlife like this.
  7. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

Combat is a million times better, and just like ejh1990 mentioned, the walking backwards penalty probably plays the most crucial role.

Blocking with a longsword is not as effective as I hoped, but still quite useful when getting cornered.

The AI seems less predictable, which is great as well, although the creatures remain quite dumb, especially if they don't know how to reach you (they walk around for a bit and then forget about you, even if you had attacked them seconds ago).

What I especially like, is how birds give up after a while if they cannot find a way to reach you (for instance, when you just fled into a building).

8. Untrustedlife

Combat definetly feels better, that is one of the good things about the new versions.Slow enemies imo can be awkward though and the lack of caves makes me sad.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  9. The O5 Director

The O5 Director Big Damn Hero

How is this relevant to the thread in ANY way

Untrustedlife likes this.
  10. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

Space hamster is always relevant. And i want one.