Night vision goggles

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Horni, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Horni

Horni Tentacle Wrangler

My idea is night vision goggles.

~ But why!? We got flashlight already!

~ In my opinion it would mostly be so we can clearly fight enemies anywhere at night without having to switch back to flashlight over and over again to spot enemies position.

(Sorry if my idea was already mentioned before)

Tell me what you think about this :)

It was Horni the geek :geek:

See you around!

Heroar, kidnamerock and Annoctatio like this.
  2. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Would be useful

3. Jash

Jash Astral Cartographer

yes! but it must be difficult to achieve, I love difficult things.

4. Horni

Horni Tentacle Wrangler

I think it might be just a mining help too, but I think night vision would give better mobility around anyways!

Jash likes this.
  5. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Sweet suggestion, I'm surprised I haven't heard this one before!!!

6. mdqp

mdqp Void-Bound Voyager

I was thinking exactly the same thing, especially after having played the game for a while. Darkness is never an issue in the game, since you can place torches, and have a flashlight, so it would be more reasonable to have craftable goggles for night vision (maybe even thermal vision?), to make it less of an hassle. It wouldn't even need to be hard to craft, because you can balance it by having it take the head slot, and being a really crappy piece of armor.

fanglespangle likes this.
  7. Stevil Knevil

Stevil Knevil Space Spelunker

Perhaps it could take the head armour slot, so that you sacrifice protection for vision?

8. fanglespangle

fanglespangle Void-Bound Voyager

Yea this would be cool! I like it :D

When you put them on, can it make the sound fisher style "fweeeeeeeeeeb!" sound?

9. eze2kiel

eze2kiel Industrial Terraformer

yes i approve aswel this is a scifi high tech game annyway ;-)

on another note why not be able to make it in higher tiers or be able to make some kind of predator helm in the last tiers so you have all the vision kinds, and ofcourse with the swoosh sound every time you switch visions.

fanglespangle likes this.
  10. fanglespangle

Think we're establishing here that these things NEED to make sounds when you turn them on.

But I also agree that higher tiers should just have helmets that HAVE night vision and so on, built in.

11. eze2kiel

think about having a high tier armour with the predator help visions the shoulder laser and some kind of stealth tech that make's you (parially) invisible ;-)[​IMG]

now this would be a nice end tier floran armour or something like that :D

12. Azharok

Azharok Astral Cartographer

Right predator helmet check !!! Liking this ! Maybe have modes to see monsters humanoids and ore ^^, consumes energy

13. Derpislav

Derpislav Big Damn Hero

Quoting myself:
    1. After standing still for 7 - yes, seven, to balance the no energy cost - you turn completly invisible untill you move, atack or say something on the chat.

2. You turn transparent while standing still. Mobs can't detect you, players see an ocassional "glitch" on your outline. Stops working when -||-. Very low energy cost.

3. You turn transparent, and moving doesn't dissable this tech. Mobs can only detect the player if he comes closer than, dunno, 8 blocks. Other players still see a blur, but it appears in slightly random (max 2 blocks away) places and with a delay, so they have hard time aiming.

Woden and eze2kiel like this.
  14. eze2kiel

yup this is a verry good idea, derpislav !

15. fanglespangle

I think having different types of stealth might work. so, say you want one that makes you invisible/partially invisible while exploring but you can't attack while you are stealthed. Being able to maintain the stealth for a long duration is they key. so low energy cost would be important.

However, say you want to be able to slaughter a room grey fox style. maybe a more active one. You hit the stealth button and you get a very limited time to run in and slaughter wholesale before your energy runs out.

16. Stevil Knevil

I see that the recent patch has given the 'Lantern stick' which you can wear on the back. It's tier 2, but perhaps this will do the job for you?

17. MiniKnog Agent

MiniKnog Agent Astral Cartographer

The lantern stick is almost imbalanced because it trivialized such a huge part of the game - once you get it there is no need to build torches or ever worry about light and dark ever again.

At lest with Night Vision Goggles you would have to sacrifice your Head slot, losing stats, to gain the benefits.

18. Derpislav

Derpislav Big Damn Hero

And now I'm sad because I'm one of these who suggested wearable light source. However, I was thinking more about a really dim light that only lets you see your closests surroundings...

19. Stevil Knevil

I've not tried the lantern stick yet, but maybe it is over powered? Perhaps if it uses the back slot then it mean you could (for example) use a jet pack? In which case maybe that would be OK? I think I could trivially throw together a mod that did night vision goggles in the head slot if anyone is interested?

20. MiniKnog Agent

MiniKnog Agent Astral Cartographer

Aww... don't feel bad. Perhaps as they add more and more back slot items in the game that might balance it.

Currently though it is a no-brainer - it is easy to make and relatively early in the crafting tree to make.