1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Hairstyle Suggestions

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by thefluvirus, Jan 4, 2013.

1. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

im sensing some homophobia, try to be a little more respectful

2. Sabreur

Sabreur Pangalactic Porcupine

I think they call those "Humans". :)

Brightish_Light likes this.
  3. Pappaknox

Pappaknox Phantasmal Quasar

But he said completely hairless, humans still have a little bit of hair.

4. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

How about Slammer's Head for the Glitch!

[​IMG]

(Slammer's the Robot on the Upper-Left, not the Human Guy, his name is Gordon. ;))

Slammer was my fav Character to play as in this game. :)

5. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif Subatomic Cosmonaut

mustachios... many mustachios.. with and without beards

mohawk mustachio is a personal preference but that one isn't always in most games

6. Karth

Karth Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    I have no idea what my goofy head wear er, wearing Floran would do without the leftmost style. Thank you!

With that said, I would like to see more mushroom-like heads. If it wasn't for the basic leaf hair, my floran would likely be toting a mushroom.

7. ThetaShard

ThetaShard Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's a small change for one of the existing floran hairs but it just seems to make sense to me.

[​IMG]

8. Flying Potato of Doom

Flying Potato of Doom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can Humans get a facia hair option? The only thing that is missing from replicating Francis from L4D2 is his beard...

9. Aavri

Aavri Title Not Found

Still wanting a long hair style for hylotl. I still suggest the jellyfish hat style!

10. LooPrix

LooPrix Tentacle Wrangler

I agree..

11. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe not hair, but:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Gummuffin

Gummuffin Void-Bound Voyager

what about a undershaved hair like some people have in real life? i think it looks rad.
    [​IMG]

13. Albino Axolotl

Albino Axolotl Star Wrangler

How about wigs for glitches, or just item recipes for wigs?

14. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

Hey!
    I've been at a loose end this weekend so I thought I'd work on some more hairstyle stuff. So far I've done some more stuff for humans - I've given them a handful of new palettes for hair colours, plus I went ahead and made a few much-needed hairstyles, mostly for females, meaning males and females now have an equal number of hairstyles! Here are those hairstyles with some of the new colours:

humanhair8.png humanhair1.png humanhair2.png humanhair3.png humanhair4.png humanhair5.png humanhair6.png humanhair7.png

Lemme know what you think of them.

15. Gummuffin

Gummuffin Void-Bound Voyager

i think they look absolutely fantastic! it looks like you might have used one of my recommended hairstyles, i thought the hair would look great ingame, and it looks as if i was right! you're very good with your pixel work!

16. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

It is nice to have more human hair-does. And these all look very good, especially the 4th one. But I would like to see some more heads for some of the other races other than Human and Glitch, who have the most last time I checked.
    Primarily the Avians, who have a very small selection of plumage, are in dire need of more hairstyles. It is even worse because both sexes share the same hair styles, which makes it seem like the have even less.

17. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I really like the last one. Been looking for something like that...:)

The only one that seems out of it a bit it the green one; as in seems a bit flat, or is that how it is suppose to look? Might be just the color though, even if I really like that color. Looks nice otherwise.

18. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

I still want more ponytail / braided styles. I'd also like to see Floran hair that resembles grass such as with my avatar), allowing for even more Floran styles.

SomaSam and Tamorr like this.
  19. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

You're right, that hair isn't as good as it could be, sooo I've resprited it, and also tweaked that same colour a little bit too.
    humanhair4.png

Gonna go on to Hylotl fins next, I've already given them some more colours as well.

20. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Some glitch head mods

[​IMG]