1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Hairstyle Suggestions

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by thefluvirus, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Lazer

Lazer Existential Complex

Well I don't know what I could do beyond posting them, as I did.

And furthermore:

So there we are.

2. Mokunen

Mokunen Void-Bound Voyager

My thoughts exactly when I saw whose two hairstyles together in the character creator.
    Haha, certainly. It was mostly a joke, but I'm genuinely interested in the possibility of there being animated hairstyles. I'll admit that it could lend itself to abuse, though.
    Of course! Feel free to edit it as much as you want, too.

3. Sabreur

Sabreur Pangalactic Porcupine

I respectfully request a 'cat pilot' head mod for the robot race, similar to what was seen in the "SpaceCat's Great Escape" wallpaper.

4. Alanzer-DNA

Alanzer-DNA Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But then that would be a cat controlling a machine instead of being a robot.
    Anyway, take a look at this post. I guess you'll like it :)

Mokunen, Sabreur and Katorone like this.
  5. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Thanks for sharing that! That race is awesome. :D

Alanzer-DNA likes this.
  6. Sabreur

Sabreur Pangalactic Porcupine

Excellent! I find that cats, while technically organic, have a disdain for other life-forms that I can appreciate.

natelovesyou and Alanzer-DNA like this.
  7. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

DAMN. I wanted to get my idea in beforehand, but whatever, I'll still submit it and attempt to still have hope of it making it in game.

So I had one idea but one version looks kinda strange due to the limitations of a sprite, so my second design is more likely to make sense.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So yeah, supposed to be like my avatar ahahah.

Alanzer-DNA, Lazer and Mokunen like this.
  8. nebnebben

nebnebben Void-Bound Voyager

Modding support to be able to add custom hairstyles

9. MRGOOGLES

MRGOOGLES Phantasmal Quasar

for avians? :DD just throwing it out there it's called superb bird of paradise(though i suppose this could be more so a beard but still a hair style i suppose :D)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Breather likes this.
  10. Scott Hammond

Scott Hammond Big Damn Hero

Human males need some full and sharp hairstyles. A lot of what they have is short hair, or long hair that's very rounded. Need some more in-betweeny styles.

11. Z e r o`

Z e r o` Space Spelunker

12. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Zaniel likes this.
  13. Zaniel

Zaniel Space Penguin Leader

I'd be more turned on to the florans if the males had hair options that were more "branch" like. As it stands, if I ever make a floran I'll probably be a pea pod head, but I'd much prefer a tree-head.

14. Z e r o`

Z e r o` Space Spelunker

Well it's more of a generic hair either way, plus not to mention there are some anime influenced hair in starbound already(e.g. the one the looks like Goku).

15. Sim2k

Sim2k Big Damn Hero

I'm down with this. Like the dryads from Warhammer. The champion of these even has a skull and ribcage tangled up in his/her head branches

Zaniel likes this.
  16. Kraiten

Kraiten Guest

This thread is alive again? I may as well drop some ideas in then. (ignore the hood, I was just showing that bit to a friend)[​IMG]

17. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

More beards please, like goatee would be nice if it made ingame :
    [​IMG]

Long live Gordon Freeman from half life !

18. Lucid Dreams

Lucid Dreams Aquatic Astronaut

I would like to see whole range of awfull 80's hairdoes
    such as the Frullet (the Front mullet)
    or the aptly named Piss Fringe (shaved head with a ridiculously long fringe)

19. I was really excited to see this thread until I realized it was an older one. Might these suggestions make it into the game still? I really love the idea of Hylotls, but I'm not too fond of many of the fins. I would love more feminine fins that still retain the look of fins rather than looking like hair.

SolidSnake likes this.
  20. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

If this thread is still being looked at by thefluvirus, then i really think that the hylotl need some sort of tentacle hair. Most of the hylotls hairstyles seem pretty similar to me, and a lot arent personally appealing, seeing as theyre pretty unique i think they should have a few pretty alien head ornaments.

JazzPigeon and Mopy like this.