1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

New Hairstyle Suggestions

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by thefluvirus, Jan 4, 2013.

1. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

Hey Guys!
    Judging by the feedback on the character creator, it seems like a lot of you want some more variety in the hairstyles available, so we're looking for some suggestions! Tell us what hair additions you'd like to see for any of the races, and anything we like might be added to the game and to the character creator.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Edit by Blue : Stickying this for a week or so, as it is an official request for community feedback.
    Also
    , I collected all of thefluvirus's new hairstyles to the first post as he posts them to the thread so you can see what he's sprited to add to the games character editor as time permits. please note, these may not become available in the online version.)
    The Following is a collection of the new hairstyles to be added in time.

Humans
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Avians
    [​IMG]
    Apex
    [​IMG]
    Florans
    [​IMG]
    Hylotls
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Robots
    [​IMG]
    Edit: Most of these Glitch head mods aren't in the final game because they cover or change the eyes/face, which didn't work with the emotes added later on.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. - Tommy Wiseau's hairstyle. :p

- A Mohawk is usually a must in character creations. ^^

- Some Barbarian/Orc like ponytail should be interesting, too.

- Also, I enjoy having a bald character every now and then, but the current bald design, due to the shading, looks like an elderly type hairdo. Does anyone else feel the same? If so, could it get a polish? :)

Edit: I do believe Florans could go well with more neutral/less feminine hairstyles, too. ^^

3. purywury

purywury Void-Bound Voyager

Moar Beards
    Ribbons for females
    Elvis-like sideburns + front curl
    mohawk?
    more floral hair with plant styles (Yucca or dandelion for example)
    also a cool hairstyle would be this: blow it! animation could be that you lose some of the seeds(hairs) while running or falling.

hope to have contributed!

parchan11, LulItsIan and Mianso like this.
  4. Aesthetic-Defile

Aesthetic-Defile Subatomic Cosmonaut

Integrated shells into Hylotl hair. Anything from Conch shells, to clam/oyster shells. Angelfish shells. Maybe even ornamental carapaces on their heads. Like horshoe crabs, and so on.

5. Elvis' hair. Awww Yeeea:cool:
    Ed.: Ninjad here. Let me think some more.

xXSunSlayerXx likes this.
  6. Patrick

Patrick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A beard like the one in my picture.

EDIT: General facial hair.

EDIT: [​IMG]

JazzPigeon, Gerael, LulItsIan and 3 others like this.
  7. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

Pony tails for men.
    what are you laughing at?
    some men have pony tails!
    but its quite likely i am simply misinformed of the name.
    you know what, lets just call it a philosophers haircut.

not me, i have curly hair.

8. I'd like to see some more heads for the robot race. There's all kinds of extra features for them, but the base heads are all the same.
    Perhaps some smoother base heads, some more detailed and made of many parts, etc.
    I'd also like to see various machine parts being used for robot customization
    Example:
    [​IMG]
    Propeller hair, and a hinged jaw w/ a muffler.

9. Patrick

Or we could call it a mule cuada.

Cuada is tail in latin.

Dr scoobie likes this.
  10. *Cauda:geek:

ThatMrT and Keeper like this.
  11. Alondaar

Alondaar Title Not Found

Humans:
    -Larger afros
    -A detailed "Curly hair" (Similar to the Floran one)

Electric0Eye likes this.
  12. Patrick

Does it make it worse that I checked if I spelled it right after typing it?

JazzPigeon, WoxandWarf and Keeper like this.
  13. Aerliss

Aerliss Big Damn Hero

At least a few Apex female hairstyles with slightly less pronounced sideburns/beards. Yes, yes, I get that they're monkeys, but still. It's somewhat jarring with some colour choices. Brown fur on any light skin just looks really.. manly.

My friends and I all made a character for every race, and the consensus was that Hylotls (or whatever the name for the aquatic one is, if that isn't correct) were sorely lacking in the hair department, though we did like what WAS there. Could do with more sizes, and different shapes from the 'rounded spikes in varying directions' approach. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7, 8, and 9 all seem like variations on the same thing, and they all fit the race very well, don't get me wrong. It's just that 5, 6 and 10 are the only ones that are really varied and it'd be nice to see more original ones like that.

Oh, also, this is a terrible, useless suggestion, but I'm going to make it anyway for personal gains and profit: I'd literally worship anyone that made dog/wolf ear attachments for the robots. Or any other race. And that's from someone who understands the definition of 'literally'.

BlindLogician and Keeper like this.

14. [​IMG]

Also, Marge Simpson
    [​IMG]

15. Aerliss

Aerliss Big Damn Hero

That braid... Where does it start? Where does it end? Is this real life?

16. NewLiar

NewLiar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How about Fry and Leela hair?
    Fry and Leela Gunslinger pose rescale.png

17. It is real:p
    Backside view:
    [​IMG]

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

For humans, I want something short, spikey and straight back. As if you got a straight hairdo with hair gel, all combed back, and ten rode a bike without helmet at top speed for an hour.

Oh, I know.

Something like young Gohan's from dragon ball:
    [​IMG]

JazzPigeon and Freddy67h like this.
  19. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Every character generator must always have the Leia Buns (From star wars), it is a staple of character creators everywhere -w-​

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Supafly

Supafly Industrial Terraformer

Man oh man, this looks cool
    Afro style :iswydt: