1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Multiplayer isn't working !

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Bakica, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Bakica

Bakica Poptop Tamer

Hey hey,

me and my friend have been trying to play starbound whole night yesterday but we couldn't make it work. We both bought the game and decided that we will use hamachi since one of us can't forward ports ( and the other one is not sure if he actually forwarded or not ). We loged into hamachi, started a network, tried to connect but it didn't work ( It just says can't join to : xxx.xx.x........). The 'host' connects to the server, it works normally ( it says in cmd that 'Host' has connected ) but the other guy just can't connect.

What have we tried ?
    We put 1 space into server account name ( dunno why )
    We went to firewall - enabled both starbound_server
    We went to firewall - enabled Hamachi ( even created new rule for hamachi to enable it )
    We tried pinging ourselves on hamachi while in the network and it didn't work ( Reqest timed out )
    EDIT : we tried shutting down firewall, didn't work
    EDIT : we're not able to forward ports because we don't have access to our router.
    EDIT : why isn't this working ! :p
    What do we do ? There is no point in playing this game solo, we want to play it together and we're stuck. Please help us :)

EDIT : this is how port forwading looks like ( i know this is for minecraft, it is not my image but it is the same )

http://postimg.org/image/4utyw2ee7/
    How I filled it :

Protocol : Any
    Port range : 21025 - 21027
    Translate to : 21025
    Trigger protocol : any
    trigger port : nothing written here

It would be better if we didn't have to use port forwarding, because one of us is having problems with that, so preferably hamachi.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    ProfScarecrow likes this.
  2. kellycroc

kellycroc Space Hobo

I have the same problem it worked the day before but ever since the offended koala patch it stopped and me and my friends cant play anymore after all we found
    hope someone can fix this for us

please help

3. Bakica

Bakica Poptop Tamer

Ok ,so we finally managed to connect ( we restarted our computers :p ) but it's laggy like hell. why ? what can we do about it ? we have a fine internet connection. our ping is 70 but when I (host) move, it jumps to 400.

4. Asger

Asger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still can't connect to my server.