Modding Discussion Mod to Rename Generic Blocks

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Aleslosh, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Aleslosh

Aleslosh Void-Bound Voyager

Looking at screenshots of the Creative Mod, I saw that some of the names for similar blocks had separate names. Such as, Cobblestone 14. I am assuming there are at least 14 different cobblestone blocks that all share the same name, Cobblestone, when in our inventory. Which makes it difficult to tell the blocks apart. Dirt and I imagine other blocks do the same.

Any mod out there that successfully renames these generic names into the default names the internal game uses? If not, anyone willing to make this mod? I know I would definitely use it.

Thank you for your time.

2. eLe

eLe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, what it is, is that there are currently 10 different rock-types (such as the stripy, or the brown ones) that break into cobblestone (found in'assets\tiles\materials\rockXX.material' and 'assets\items\materials\rockXX.matitem'). However, it is totally possible, for example, to make rock01 tile drop rock01 item when it's broken, by patching which item it breaks into. c:

If you like, I could throw together something quick that uses such creative names as "This one looks a bit stripy don't you think' and 'Kind of a splotchy pink'. :U

Edit: Went ahead an did it because why not: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/rock-names.2746/

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    KateisLost and The | Suit like this.