Mod Request: Character Recovery/Character Editor

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Jynx, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

2. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

3. Phyrex

4. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

5. negativenull

negativenull Void-Bound Voyager

If you open your player file (just in a plain text editor) and change "SBPFV1" to "SBPFV1.1" you can get the character itself and its items (at least most of them) but the ship gets wiped to default.

codyfun123 likes this.
  6. DiamondLink

DiamondLink Void-Bound Voyager

i used the editior and putt items in my invntory and i replaced the file butt when i botted up starbound my file was gone and now when i open my multiplayer/single player it says
    playerexeption no such charecter stored and the window is a error

7. Gear

Gear Subatomic Cosmonaut

as of writing this, editing items wont do anything. What was the name of your save file? I'll take a look at it and see what I can do.

Tracked this error down, should be better!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  8. DiamondLink

okay thanks anyway butt i fixed butt i had to start over :(

9. Otactu

Otactu Tentacle Wrangler

Hi !

Save editor work perfectly ! Thanks !

Is it a way to have my old Home planet back ? and my ship ?

Thanks !

10. DiamondLink

oksy i got it working butt some of the items are green blocks and called perfectley genaric item

11. Harem Incubi

Harem Incubi Master Chief

Holy damn, when did people start ridiculing those who choose to play a game their way!?

12. Phyrex

Since some morons thought theire way of doing something is the only valid way.
    Its pointless to try to understand further, they arent that inteligent anyway.

13. Harem Incubi

Harem Incubi Master Chief

I was actually grabbing the reader to get me some vanity items` but yes.

14. Nentendoboy360

Nentendoboy360 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your app revived my "corrupted" player, THANK YOU!

15. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros Existential Complex

Do you not understand the level of entitlement it takes to enter an agreement, and ask other people to spend their time to prevent you from having to hold up your end?

This is a beta. For beta testing. Everyone was asked to accept that things will change and characters will be lost.

Everyone should be making new characters for testing anytime they change early game stuff.

16. Djdog330

Djdog330 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have seen your Starreader editor....It is quite cool and simple but it's hard to find the item names because instead of using the normal item names like Chest it will be monkchest...Its awkward because I dont know where to find all of the names like that...
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    |monkchest________________________________________x1________________________________________________________________View More_____|
    ^Sorta like that....
    (lol mah awesome ASCII...)
    :badger: :sparta: :fusrodah: :cookie::zombie: :whoop: :poptop: :fireball: :viking: :virorb: :V :facepalm: :DD :koala: :iswydt: :lod: :mspaint: :mwahaha: D: :mindwurm: :proper: :poptop: :V :( :ninja: :unsure: :alien:
    Ignore the smileys. They have been invading my posts recently.

17. Ledhead

Ledhead Phantasmal Quasar

Has nobody yet thought of joining the game with a friend and giving that friend all of your items which you wish start with, then exit the game and create a new character log back into the server and get your items back. This is the method I use because it allows me to fast track all the crafting stations and my gear and wep's while still being able to take part in testing the changes to sectors because starting a new character will clear all of your sectors.

Edit

Will just like to add yes I have used the Creativemode mods but most of them unlock hidden items or everything and I don't want that, if I want to get items I only want to unlock what I choose not have it unlock a whole heap of vanilla recipes I have not personally found yet.

Using the above method I dont have to worry about this I can print anything I have found and recover all of that stuff back on a brand spanking new character.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    Nentendoboy360 likes this.
  18. frozenen

frozenen Space Hobo

19. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Just use creative mod
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...control-over-your-experience-angry-koala.614/

restart your experience from anywhere you want.

20. Ledhead

Ledhead Phantasmal Quasar

I was using that mod, but my biggest gripe with it was that it unlocked everything and anything even if I did not want them it would unlock hidden recipes or ALLrecipes just by using the spawnerbox when really I just wanted to spawn certain blocks and leave everything else vanilla that part about it gave me the royal shits so I moved to a different mod which does not any of this and instead has a usable tech to unlock recipes and a box which has all items but does not add any of those items to the vanilla crafting items this mod suited me better as it allowed me to unlock the tech I had and pixels and ores and stages of crafting and sectors but not unlock ANYTHING else I did not explicity ask for it to unlock.

The creative mod was good in theory but is let down by the fact the designer choose to use simple shortcuts on the boxes to unlock everything instead of manually adding all the items in the game into a box and you only took out what you wanted and only clicked on the stuff you wanted to unlock. I don't understand his logic behind why it was done the way he did it or she designed it because some of the unlock items ran on a recipe which added a bunch of things which was used to unlock all tech for example and individual tech was placed separate from that item into the same box. The same was done for the ores and other crafted items but why did this box unlock all the crafting recipes including the hidden ones and non functional I know it came with a warning but frankly that is just lazy design,.

So I begin to rewrite that mod how I wanted it for personal use and added individual everything as separate item recipes and no shortcuts such as using one liner unlock code for crafted items as an example... What I ended up with was a spawner box with every item in the game added via a recipe which gave you only 1x that item, The same thing was done for the printer I added the printable items manually and removed any hidden or non functional item recipes. I split the spawner box into 3 parts, Ores, printable and building materials.