1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobs underground...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by backstabbeth, Apr 29, 2013.

1. backstabbeth

backstabbeth Pangalactic Porcupine

I have had this question on my mind and am wondering if someone knows the answer. Will there be a different set of mobs that spawn underground than on the surface of each planet... I certainly hope so since if there wasnt... it would really make the planets seem less interesting.

dylstew and Shiokuri like this.
  2. Of course there is a set of underground monsters. There is also confirmed mini-biomes underground with also, special monsters there.

But nothing was seen, Underground Info is buried at the moment. ;)

3. Loopie

Loopie The Number of the Minibeast

I don't know if this was mentioned but I think they got this. We haven't really seen much in the videos of people going underground, and when we do they mostly have monster spawning off.

4. Mad Dok Edvaardz

Mad Dok Edvaardz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh you, Bacon!
    At least the legacy of puns lives on, in the Starbound forums! :proper:

Ellie, AzViz and Bacon like this.
  5. Pedguin

Pedguin Big Damn Hero

This is a very old video that was released to the public, I analysed the video myself talking about the light effects and my opinion of the video in general.

6. ShoesInTheBox

ShoesInTheBox Master Chief

Don't worry about that mate, I'm sure there will be.

7. backstabbeth

Yeah, It seems only reasonable that they would diversify this way. I am hoping they do...
    another thought I just had is that it would be really need to see creatures attack from the trees (aka hide in a tree and attack as soon as a wanderer came too close.)

8. punkypie

punkypie Cosmic Narwhal

I love the Terraria giant worms (with different bodies, heads and colors, randomly generated like the other monsters) i hope we can see it again in Starbound!

http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Worm

backstabbeth likes this.
  9. backstabbeth

I totally agree... the random generator is great and all... but I hope it accommodates more than just mobs that walk/fly around... I am hoping for more snakey like creatures and more unique forms/behaviors.

10. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

I thought I heard somewhere there would be only 6 monsters per planet. Is this true?

If it is true, we may not be getting much variety from the different planets we visit. :/

11. I can doubt on that. In a recent stream I saw at least 4 different only at the surface.

12. punkypie

punkypie Cosmic Narwhal

The idea of earth/underground worms will be something like this:

earth worms sample.gif

13. backstabbeth

Thats awesome punky! Id like it twice if i could

punkypie likes this.
  14. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I have no clue what so ever.

15. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

I really hope the game doesn't spawn enemies on normal planets in the daytime like in the stream Tiy did..

16. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

They probably will they don't have to abide by terreria rules.

17. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

That seems pretty stupid to have monsters spawning 24/7. Would make it so I can't get anything done in the game because I'm always fighting them off..

18. UncleCoord

UncleCoord Big Damn Hero

Learn to defend yourself!

I am sure monster spawn rates won't be so high that you can achieve nothing ^^.

19. supershadowdan

supershadowdan Big Damn Hero

Oh, wise bacon, what don't you know?

20. Things about Woman.