1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mob Travel Habits

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Will Liferider, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Is it just me, or do mobs (specifically monsters) tend to travel in groups of two or three, rather than alone? I've seen this a lot in my travels amongst the cosmos, and I was wondering whether this is just coincidence, or if there's something in the programming that makes them do this

Yzzey, Untrustedlife and Jbeetle like this.
  2. Marads

Marads Void-Bound Voyager

They do spawn in groups more often than not.

Iirc they even plan on doing a "family" system where there are babies that spawn with the mobs and the adults protect them.

3. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

It's very rare to find a small mob, but they can be easily identified if you look for torches and pitchforks.

Also, even in the Stable build, I think mobs were changed to always hunt in packs some time ago, it made it really tough for gun users.

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  4. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Well, in the near you future they are adding a family system to the game as @Marads said above, but they do currently spawn in pairs.