(Mob) Shielle? (name?)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Catoosie, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Hey! Have an idea for a mob (yay I'm becoming more involved in the forums every week!)! After I got the image in my head I realized it looks a tiny bit like the breadbug from pikmin 2.... i loved that level....
    [​IMG] <breadbug

Anyhow, so I just randomly made the name Shielle, hoping to think of a better one later, or someone could suggest it.

Shielle, Loricatus Lacerta , non-agressive.

Sprites: made a crappy gif of it getting up and down (and one accidental frame :eek:) (hard time trying to make a walking animation!) [​IMG] -I CANT FREAKING MAKE THAT GIF BIGGER! sorry- sprites: (the things above their heads are their feet.)
    'normal' - [​IMG] ice- [​IMG] steel or crystal- [​IMG]

Description: Shielles are fairly small creatures (most are tall enough to reach the middle of the lower part of a human's leg.... some can reach the knee.) Sheilles, like turtles, have a sort of shell that covers all of their body except their fairly small head and their tiny feet, which are hidden below their bodies. Their color can vary.
    It is said that under its shell, the shielle is some sort of lizard.

Behavior: Shielles are omnivores, though they eat mainly plants. They move very slowly across the ground and frequently rest their bodies, using their shells as defense. How can they eat animals? They occassionally find a small rodent and smash it with their bodies, killing it instantly. Also, Shielles may also be mistaken for rocks or piles of dirt or snow.

Environment: Shielles like to live in the most common biomes, forests and plains (so they can eat the plants there). They also sometimes live in small caves. (no mountainss, lava, deep water, volcanoes, or anything extreme)

Murder: So how do you kill a shielle? You can starve it! OR, you could attack it's soft belly. Sometimes when shielles want to turn around, they fall over, revealing their weak spots. You could also try to hit it in the head if it's out. But anyway shielles are nice creatures so why would you want to kill it. Unless you want to use it's awesome shell for armor!!!!!!!!!! Hint Hint*

Extra: You can stand on top of them and they won't mind. So you can ride them. However they are slow and frequently rest so it's just pretty much for fun.
    [​IMG] also other animals may be seen riding them, which can provide benefits to both the animal and the shielle... the animal can kill rodents for the shielle!
    PENGUIN RIDING A RAINBOW SHIELLE OMFG WHAT [​IMG]
    BTW that rainbow shielle is named Jerry.

Questions, suggestions, comments, blah?
    I swear there's something I forgot.

[​IMG]

'14:36. Landed on mysterious planet. No wildlife in sight. Trees and grass cover the gr- WHAT THE PLUNK? Th-there's this squirmy thing wiggling towards me!' -TANG!- -ping- ''My bullets have no effect! IS IT GOING TO EAT ME?! .......Oh it's just eating some grass. Hm...' -kicks- 'It didn't react.' -gets on top- 'Oh mai! I can ride it! It is friendly! Yay!'

Aidoboy, Soron and Ravenous Space Rat like this.
  2. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

oh and they appear in safer environments on regular surface level. none are in mountains, but some live in caves.

3. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

Cool!
    Would love one as a pet.

Catoosie likes this.
  4. Soron

Soron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like this idea, I see this animal in Starbound! The Stone animal! :rock:

Catoosie likes this.
  5. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

Do they lay eggs?

Catoosie likes this.
  6. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

Day:246 Time:13:23
    Arrived on a flat planet. Rocks are everywhere. I located a few strange creatures with rock-like shells. Working on getting them to my dropship. I just built a rather effective means of transport! All it is is a platform on top of these Shielles.

Catoosie likes this.
  7. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

sure Yes.

8. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

I'm going to make a picture of that! I'll post it soon.

9. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

Thanks! It could be an effective transport.

10. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

[​IMG] Yay! I edited the tentacle planet background and it's cool.

also added 'Environment' to the original post.

11. civengine

civengine Big Damn Hero

Space Bunny recon! I didn't expect a space bunny. I expected a human