1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Moar Ore 1.5 Pack

Who doesn't want more ore?

1. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

G4M5T3R submitted a new mod:

MOAR ORE - Who doesn't want More Ore?

Read more about this mod...

yangruihaha and mvhnexus like this.
  2. telephonicCommander

telephonicCommander Void-Bound Voyager

the download won't work no matter how many times I try

3. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

That's the mod site having issue... They say just keep trying. I could throw up an external.

4. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

Won't download for me, either. Can you throw that external up?

5. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

There you go guys. A temp external until the mod site stable for everyone.

6. telephonicCommander

telephonicCommander Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! Much appreciated!

7. dynomite400

dynomite400 Space Hobo

The mod won't work for me i extracted it into the mod folder and create a new character but i don't get more ores its just a regular amount of them

8. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Really? It only overrides one file. Is your file structure Starbound/mods/MoarOre/biomes with the MoreOre.modinfo file in the MoreOre folder? Are you using other mods that add new ores or mess with ore in any way?

9. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

10. elephantman

elephantman Intergalactic Tourist

i cant download (This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later.)

11. elephantman

elephantman Intergalactic Tourist

never mind

12. DarthNihilus

DarthNihilus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it's a very good mod but I won't use it cause this would make me dig up the whole planet LOL

13. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

But... that's the point of the mod. More ore so you don't have to mine an entire planet :p lol

14. Hallowed_Dreams

Hallowed_Dreams Space Spelunker

Does this work with Servers?

15. DarthNihilus

DarthNihilus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One cannot simply leave a visible ore fragment

G4M5T3R likes this.
  16. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Haven't tested yet. I don't see why it wouldn't though, as long as everyone has it.

:rofl: Agreed

17. Hallowed_Dreams

Is there any way i can really tell its working? Ive noticed that some planets just have gobs of ore, while others are barren to the extreame. Its difficult to tell if the mod is working..and im not exactly the best at working with mods..cheats yes. mods no...

Edit: Also im not sure if its the Mod doing it, or something else although im leaning towards faulting the mod. My game seems to encounter quite abit of lag now..before hand, really smooth. now its rather laggy

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  18. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Know how to give yourself a diamond drill? Dig down for a bit and if it starts to look like the picture from 1.0 it's working. The values start off just a bit higher then the defaults now and up to double the defaults the deeper you go. As for the lag I'll look into it. It may also be the new native mod loading system idk. You could try backing up the oredistributions.configfunctions file found in your /Starbound/assets/biomes/ folder then overwrite it with mine and see if that help with lag any.

*To see double the ore distribution you'll need to get close to rock bottom.

19. Hallowed_Dreams

Well my Wife, without the mod found one of those super abundant planets and has started strip mining it. We don't have a Drill Mod but with Diamond Pick's we should do just as well. I'll let you know if its working, and if the lag persists. going to try restarting my comp and messing with some Processes that may be unneeded to see if maybe they are affecting comp performance some how..not sure why, since i can run Crysis 3 on Ultra... Also, how did you get that picture in 1.0? Having a way to not have the Fog o War would be great. Since Character wipes frustrate me and the wife. We go through and get everything on 2 different characters. Single and Multi, her choice. So having a way to atleast speed things up after each wipe is fantastic.

20. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

To light up the ground like that I used the Matter Manipulator to reach down and remove a few blocks then place a torch like 5 times. I tried making a glowing ore mod by adding light sources to the ore types but it didn't seem to want to work.