1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Interest. As a biologist I'd love to help you with your genetic modifications. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge in code.
    Otherwise, congratulations to Beatrice and Yongzhi2000 for finding Derrick !

Hawk Novablast, Yzzey and Beatrice like this.
  2. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Might be, as next tier quests, one is finding and capturing specific mobs! Like with that one Glitch who couldn't speak and kept giving us notes! Maybe there will be a 'creature shop' opening and we have to find specific ones for the person!

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Or maybe Derrick is the 8th head on the Ancient Gate... And now he's lost....
    Conspiracy time!

4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

MAYBE DERRICK IS THE ONE WHO CREATED THE GLITCH AND MADE THE AVIANS INTELLIGENT :saywhat:

Hawk Novablast and Yzzey like this.
  5. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Uh-oh, sounds like a special mission to find Derrick is being implemented, Derricks for days. :)

6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

@Tiy could be referring to the "monster spawner" that's in the files for the last unstable.
    monsterspawner.png
    At the moment, it works like a minecraft monster spawner. (I got it by modifying it so that it is printable, but /spawnitem monsterspawner should work.)
    However, it's description reads: "Spawns monsters in a variety of configurable ways."
    I wouldn't count on it, but it could be that we'll be able to make Derrick in vanilla sometime in the future.

(Has this been mentioned before? It seems like something that would be...)

Hawk Novablast, The Squid and Yzzey like this.
  7. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I believe youh can mess around with this, I was on a server earlier today and there were some that spawned King Jelly Minions and minibosses.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  8. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Maybe Derrick was kidnapped by the penguins?
    The monster spawner sounds like an amazing addition. :D it'll be useful together with the director mode that was mentioned.
    I'm gathering resources (Because starcheat doesn't do ship engine upgrades ;-; ) and I'm going to fly to sector X as soon as I get to a computer. I'm on my way little buddy, we can be together again! :cry::rofl:

Hawk Novablast and The Squid like this.
  9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

MAYBE DERRICK IS THE TENTACLE MONSTER :saywhat:

Yzzey likes this.
  10. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I would put Derricks head on Dagon, but I'm nowhere near a computer now. ;-;

The Squid likes this.
  11. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

"Oh hey I found almost-Derrick"

"MY GOD" - Everyone

":troll:" - Upbeat Giraffe

rhomboid, Yzzey, The Squid and 2 others like this.
  12. Beathrus

I'm not a troll! I was just saying!!!

Serenity and Hawk Novablast like this.
  13. Hawk Novablast

I'm saying that the Giraffe is the troll, because the update we've been waiting over a year for finally came out just after you found 'Derrick' :p

(When we DO find Derrick I'm totally going to post MISSING OBSIDIAN (Derrick 2.0)

The Squid likes this.
  14. Beathrus

o.o Got a picture of Missing Obsidian?

15. Hawk Novablast

My avatar :p I'll grab a screenshot soon.

16. Beathrus

Alrighty. o.o

17. battlerwinner

battlerwinner Void-Bound Voyager

İ'll join you i have ship that can travel to x sectors also i can both protect you and give you resources

Yzzey likes this.
  18. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

With the update the "x sector" no longer exist...

Derrick is one again missing in the vastness of space.

MysticMalevolence and Yzzey like this.
  19. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Yet in our darkest hour the gods have hinted there will be light at the end of this tunnel and Derrick will be found once again and never to be lost again:

20. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Im aware of the fact, but judgeing by the date of the comment and the arrival of the update it seems unlikely that Derrick will make a apperence in this update.

If Derrick will reapear before us, bearing the wisdom his journey have brought, i fear it will be at a later date. For now he is lost in darkness.