1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Scottnov

Scottnov Big Damn Hero

I have a similar issue.

"Sometime later, I found my pet Sven.

Sven was an amazing, overpowered, electro-spitting dinosaur with a sheep voice and an orange body. A picture of Sven can be found here: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3332964116097779371/629B1BE3E2FD084518DDA02D976685B1A4783ECA/

I leveled Sven up to some uncountable level and after quite a bit of (most likely unneeded) preparation, we fought the Jelly, or rather, Sven fought the Jelly. As soon as he spawned Sven zapped him and that was it for the blobby beast.

Me and Sven had many great adventures after that (which included a hefty amount of me worrying that he would despawn when I died on a planet and he was left there), yes, many great adventures. Fighting monsters, beating dungeons, exploring strange, unknown worlds, playing frungy and of course, eating ice cream until we both exploded and had to be cloned.

Sadly, Sven is not in my current modded save file. This deeply saddens me, and now I spend my days searching planets for a pet as equally cute, cool, and powerful as Sven. And so far, to no avail. I've been searching for quite a while now.

One day, me and Sven shall reunite. One day."
    Quote from: http://community.playstarbound.com/...-experiences-in-starbound.85499/#post-2271456

You aren't alone anymore, my friend. I too am searching for my old friend Sven. I'll keep an eye out for Derrick.
    SIDE NOTE: Should I make my own thread about this?

Yzzey likes this.
  2. Severite

Severite Subatomic Cosmonaut

On the second picture, do you know what the coordinates are on that world?

3. Scottnov

Scottnov Big Damn Hero

I found something similar to Derrick, only these Derrick-like creatures are black and have several other features not like Derrick:

[​IMG]

I'm playing in a modded save file on an Atropus world from Frackin' Flora so it likely won't work in a non-modded game, but it's there. And I'm using the S3r1ous modpack.

Yzzey likes this.
  4. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Day One of Gav Featherbeak's search for Derrick:
    I landed on a small, garden planet. Upon initial search for the orange creature I found nothing, not even a similar alien. After further searching I gave up and set up shop with my new travelling companion, Dav McGoose.
    The morning after, as I began to pack our things up to search elsewhere I discovered a fish with several Derrick-like markings in the same colour as the original.

[​IMG]
    After that I stayed a while longer to see if I could find any other relatives of the lost pet and I found some airborne members of the now estranged family.
    [​IMG]

Yzzey, The Squid and rhomboid like this.
  5. NotTheKGB

NotTheKGB Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's been so long since then, no I don't.

6. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

Sooooo. I sketched a Derrick tree o3o

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    sansy, The Squid, Owl_Stalker and 3 others like this.
  7. swagnumsdaboSS

swagnumsdaboSS Void-Bound Voyager

2014-10-31_00002.jpg i have found a stoned derrick on the moon but he has yellow wings also his eyes change to a lot of colors and hes higher than snoop dogg

8. rhomboid

pretty sure that isn't a thing
    snoop dogg's high level is like absolute zero, you can't get any higher than he is

9. swagnumsdaboSS

i meant hes a smoke weed every day kinda high

10. swagnumsdaboSS

u could always get the derrick returns mod

11. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mods can never compare to the real thing.

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  12. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Today, whilst I was strolling along a planet, I stumbled upon a large beige creature that shared many characteristics with Derrick. It bore on its head the prong-like protrusion that I belive Derrick had, and it had large black eyes similar to Derrick's. I believe that this creature could be related somehow to Derrick. I will try to get a picture and post the coordinates later.

13. swagnumsdaboSS

U w0t m8? only joking mods never compare to the real thing

14. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

The Grazing Jungle Derrick
    thegrazingjunglederrick.png

Originality Percentage: %40

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
  15. Feathery Quink

Feathery Quink Title Not Found

I thought those were called "burning onionbacks".

16. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Majical Almost Double Post!?
    The Volcanic Blue Derrick
    thevolcanicbluederrick.png

Originality Percentage: %40

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
    SirKaldar, Yzzey, The Squid and 3 others like this.
  17. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

18. beari78

beari78 Guest

19. Feathery Quink

Feathery Quink Title Not Found

Palmfrond! Don't eat -- noooo! That was Derrick! He needs to be found. Why did you eat him for?!?!
    Oh wait, that was the second-to-last Derrick. Not the otiginal.

20. rhomboid

Feathery Dust and Yzzey like this.