1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSING DERRICK-need help finding certain creature

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Yzzey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Guys, don't open that spoiler.
    It's all of the known Derrick cousins.
    We need to see which ones aren't extinct yet!

/////
    The Purple Plasma Derrick
    While mapping the Derrick DNA matches I had found, I recieved a report from my Derrick Search Droid V2.0, telling me that a Derrick had been found.
    View attachment 101901
    Here's the report, with all of the unimportant things edited out.

/////
    The Cute Bulb-Back Derrick
    I've received another search log, this time from Drone V1.7, an earlier model. Sadly, this drone doesn't support logs, so I only have the statistics.
    View attachment 101904

/////

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  2. Dragcun

Dragcun Subatomic Cosmonaut

And you have yet another though this search party is only one glitch.....while I hunt other items I'll be sure to add your Derrick to my list of things to find in the galaxy. Fear not...your friend shall be found sooner or later.

3. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Whoa. Thanks for the list! I'll update the front page with that.

4. FoxDE

FoxDE Void-Bound Voyager

I hope that derrick becomes the official spokes-creature for Starbound. I think they're neater than poptops.

Maybe we should email Tiy and some of the other devs and ask them to make it so that creatures in the capture pods remain the same, without changing due to the monsters' unique planet location and ID signature. If enough of us ask, I am sure they'll consider it. In the meanwhile, just in case they do accept that, maybe people should look for their favorite derricks before they change all of the creatures.

I'm sure if we let them know that capture pods are being used and appreciated, and that we want to keep our old creatures and not have them disappear with the new patch and creature updates, they will help us out.

MysticMalevolence and Yzzey like this.
  5. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Yeah! This was what I was thinking too! About the capture pods. I have no knowledge of modding or coding, but my guess is that If they made each capture pod a separate item with different codes, it would cause lag if the player had too many capture pods, even if of the same creature.

6. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    MysticMalevolence likes this.
  7. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I'm trying to add this to the front post, but the quotes aren't showing properly. I'll add them one by one when I have free time. :rofl:

8. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

This is glorious.
    glory.png

Legodude1237, yclatious, M C and 3 others like this.
  9. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Actually, if the planet is still accessable and the spawns haven't changed, that Mutant Yellow Derrick isn't slain...
    It was buried, so I just kinda... left it there... that sound horrible to actually say...
    EDIT: Come to think of it, there were two of them. One was buried, so I left it buried. I killed the other.

You also forgot to add the picture of the real Derrick!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Yzzey likes this.
  10. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

I gave you the Amazing Post badge for the good topic.

rhomboid, M C, Yzzey and 1 other person like this.
  11. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Beautiful... Simply beautiful...
    Yay! Thanks!
    Anyway, does anybody know how to use the spawning commands for nightly? Now we can spawn monsters directly with commands, and even choose specifics, it's %100 possible to spawn a full, perfect, accurate Derrick onto a location :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  12. FoxDE

FoxDE Void-Bound Voyager

Will the spawning commands be something that will be migrated into the actual game, or does it just work for nightly builds?

13. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I think it's only in nightly for now, but it's an admin command. So servers would be able to use it In the future, hopefully.

14. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Yzzey likes this.
  15. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

16. Has anyone thought about putting together a database of derricks? Would be nice to label and classify all variants of it.

Owl_Stalker likes this.
  17. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

18. I meant like an actual database, not just a thread on the forum.

19. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

How might I do that?

20. Dragcun

Dragcun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Found this little dude at X:-46050693 Y:54401194 X Syrinx 49 II

[​IMG]