Digital Minimalist Starbound Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Animator, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Animator

Animator Cosmic Narwhal

I decided to make some very simple Starbound Wallpapers.

[​IMG]

A default Starbound wallpaper. The logo was re-made from scratch in order to accommodate the size.

[​IMG]

The Hylotl Flag. Pretty straightforward, it's literally the Japanese Flag with 2 more red dots to signify the eyes of the Hylotl.

[​IMG]

This is where it starts getting a bit more complex, due to the pixel quality of the flags that I worked with to make it happen. This is the Human Flag, re-created as accurately as possible.

[​IMG]

Glitch flag, in all of it's cog glory.

[​IMG]

The Floran flag. The tints of red I added as an additional decoration of the flag to accent the bloodlust of the Florans, while making the flower itself more square to appear like a window. The flag can easily be re-interpreted as a window out to the sun, since it matches the window designs of Floran huts.

[​IMG]

The Avian flag is the design I'm most proud of. I decided to make a subtle representation of Avian society by giving the wings a double meaning: If you look closely, both sides look like birds that are about to ram into each other, which represents the tension between those who have faith in Kluex, and those who don't. In some regards, the design looks like an Israeli flag with an inverted color swatch.

[​IMG]

The Apex flag. The two yellow insignias can mean many things: The ranking of a Lieutenant, which signifies their militaristic regime, an equal sign to highlight the dystopian inequality in Apex culture, or simply a pair of bananas.

Enjoy! Give credit if used.

2. coolsp0t

coolsp0t Phantasmal Quasar

please adjust the colors of the floran flag.^^ Better you will using "Websafe Colors" & read this

Good to see some vectors :D

3. Animator

Animator Cosmic Narwhal

I used those colors because I was going by the color palette of each of the flags in their pixel forms. I admit I may need to adjust the Floran one a bit, it's way too bright.

4. Adam05PL

Adam05PL Pangalactic Porcupine

That's so awesome ! I love Avian flag most ^^ Good job, keep it up :3

Lemony Shtickit likes this.
  5. ruffepuffe

ruffepuffe Void-Bound Voyager

But but... NOVAKID FLAG!!! D:

6. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Novakids weren't around in the vanilla game back then :p

7. the beard king

the beard king Big Damn Hero

Well these are fantastic, The Apex one might be my favourite.

8. ruffepuffe

ruffepuffe Void-Bound Voyager

I know, but the creator should make a novakid flag now when it is in vanilla. :lickitung:

9. Oddbrother

Oddbrother Cosmic Narwhal

I wonder if @Bietol had already thought up a flag design for them.

10. Standing_Tough

Standing_Tough Big Damn Hero

wow these are really good!

11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

These are awesome. The Apex one is my favorite. Glory to Big Ape!

12. cupid

cupid Master Chief

Niiiice! Very clean, fitting designs. If/when you make a Novakid flag, I'll definitely have to set it as my background!

13. Lemony Shtickit

Lemony Shtickit Big Damn Hero

Hooray for the Avians, my favorite race!