Race Meet the Parfelians

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Suika Ibuki, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kab

Kab Space Spelunker

Aah, fair enough, I just cant but help think it unfair only the traditionally cute animals get all the love, its tiring at times to see nothing but cute little kittens on the interwebs (aaw who am I kidding, it never is!).

2. Well, to be fair, had there been goldfish or mice controlling robots, I would have added them in too. Instead of merely parfelians controlling the suits, it would also be goldfish and mice. That would however, make this suggestion into a faction, or a league of "dependent" races and their struggle to equal the strength of their fellow humanoid races.

That would be a nice idea, but eh. I've smoked my brain enough just to think of lore for the kitties. I love kitties.

blind sniper and Mokunen like this.
  3. Tails7712

Tails7712 Spaceman Spiff

I don't usually see cute stuff.And while this thread doesn't get half the attention it deserves.It is defiantly not the most seen thread on this forum area.Though I can see it competing with all the really popular races.

4. Kab

Kab Space Spelunker

I love the idea, however, I totally understand how much effort changing the concept now would be, so Im sold as is. I do like the idea of them having to struggle to equal the strength of their fellow humanoid races. I love being the underdog that comes out on top. Besides, being a miniature species the size of their eyeball makes it that much sweeter!

WoxandWarf and Suika Ibuki like this.
  5. NekoiNemo

NekoiNemo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cat's is fine) Nemo likes this race.

6. Xelot

Xelot Phantasmal Quasar

Much better than the last two races, if not the best. In the game now :lod:

7. Melles

Melles Orbital Explorer

Hey there. Just wanted to put this out there. I have been very excited about Starbound, and I have been telling several of my friends about the game (Particularly the friends of mine that played Terraria with me.) and I've shown them all Parfelians and they adore them. Me and my friends would love to see them in the game, and this is a great suggestion that I'd love to see implemented.

8. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

I'll agree they're cute. But they're essentially just he Robot race with Cats at the helm.

9. Well- considering I've been thinking up of this suggestion ever since the robots were introduced via images, I can say the opposite to myself o3o

10. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Couldn't this just be a robot head mod?

11. I would be both glad and upset. Mostly glad. But upset I don't get to sleep in a naturallymade Clockwork Fortress.

12. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

But that brings up the question of how that cat got in the robot head. especially if it doesnt fit the robot backstory, but we havent heard it yet so we'll see.

13. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Robot backstory could have MULTIPLE backstories.

14. I'm also going to add that I'm going to fully disagree with you here. Firstly, this suggestion, along with its lore and concept, was created way before the introduction of the robots as a playable race. Second, you can't simply judge both of them as being alike without knowing the information from both sides. In this case, the robots, as the information for them has not even been released yet, or the Parfelians, if you haven't read the OP. Third, the OP does not suggest cuteness as a primary factor.

DarkEspeon and blind sniper like this.
  15. Sousuke Kuroda

Eh, even so I don't find this race very interesting or fun. Seems more like the kind of thing you rarely find on a couple of planets and leads you to both laughter and a state of "Naww how cute".

16. Understandable.

17. Kab

Kab Space Spelunker

I get what you mean, just wanted to point out that 'life' in any shape or form is something you find rarely on any planet, in fact, we havnt found any at all yet. It'd make more sense to point out that why are all races (except the robots) carbon based? Why not silicone?
    Any option is as likely as the next in a world were nothing is really based on reality.
    They certainly are cute though :catface:

18. Sousuke Kuroda

Carbon based life would be far more prevalent than silicon based life in the universe as there is much, much more carbon than there is silicon. It is extremely unlikely that alien life we encounter will be silicon based. I think it's fine to stick to carbon life forms and don't see a need nor a particular want for a silicon based life form. A silicon based race would have very different needs than us, that again wouldn't be as prevalent in the universe, limiting their travels in space even further.

Kab likes this.
  19. Squiddy

Squiddy Void-Bound Voyager

That cat reminds looks EXACTLLAY like my cat Samson! :3

20. Kab

Kab Space Spelunker

I fear we're getting off topic here, but point taken. My point is though, regardless of what race were talking, depending on how you (choose) to look at it, its going to be rarely found in the universe, as for the naaaww factor, theres no denying this race has it.

Now in an attempt to restore the initial debate and hopefully help:
    OT: To Suika Ibuki, do you have any idea as to how you envision the Parfelians govern themselves, how they are led, presumable as they live very long times they have a unique perspective on these sort of things. Does age equal more respect for example? Or does it mean nothing? Also, if they live for such long times, do they have a different perception on maturity (kind of like the Asari in ME)? And, how does their paranoia affect their dealings with outsiders as they love trading, the two would normally not mesh easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.