Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. telephonicCommander

telephonicCommander Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry didn't see the comment until now.

2. Congrats Bietol (and Suika! <3), awesome idea! I may have to change my race now because I really like the whole wild west theme X3

3. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

The shawl totally makes him western. :iswydt:

4. banthesun

banthesun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Quick question about the Novakids. Can Novakids only die of old age? It looks like that when their brand gets to weak they explode, but otherwise could you just fill them up with plasma again? It sounds like a good way to do a cloning animation to me.

5. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

I'm guessing you can poke holes in their little shell thing and they'd leak gas in a manner akin to bleeding. Lose too much gas and they die.

6. This is exactly the case. Venting plasma = bleeding out. They can take transfusions, but it'll be too late if they drop below a critical threshold and fail to sustain metabolism.

I didn't write about it in the OP, but blunt force trauma can also cause strain on the brand (which works to maintain the form of the body), with sufficient abuse resulting in fissures or other permanent damage to it.
    These guys are far from invulnerable.

Flan, pigrocket and banthesun like this.
  7. banthesun

banthesun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh well, live fast, die young, and leave a good-looking brand

Flan and Bietol like this.
  8. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

Everyone. You all need to watch Wild Wild West, then revel in the glory that is Steampunk + Novakid.

And remember:

9. okay

okay Void-Bound Voyager

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks of the old Ghostrider whenever I see a Novakid.

10. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

I do hope that there is some sort of spiral brand, that would make this race for me, as it stands I'm leaning more towards the glitch or them fish peeps

11. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Are the Novakid going to be a playable race? The pre-order page wasn't very clear on that and I want to make sure.

12. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

They are, the goal was met.

13. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

Them fish peeps? The Hylotl are based on the Axolotl, a type of salamander from Mexico. Because of this, along with the fact that they'll have an asian-themed culture, I kinda think of them as a dragon race because the oldest known dragon myths originated in china, and they were water spirits who lived in clouds, rivers, and seas. They won't be one of my first characters, though.

The dev team frequents the IRC chat, and from what I've heard there, they'll be totally playable.

Noc likes this.
  14. Nightly

Nightly Cosmic Narwhal

Awwwww yeah.

15. Ferengi Latinum Farmer

Ferengi Latinum Farmer Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is that train a concept of one of their spaceships? It's giving me some Galaxy Express 999 flashbacks.

16. Shadowyc

Shadowyc Void-Bound Voyager

Ooh. This looks fancy. :p Might have something else to play as after derping with the Glitch for a while! lol

17. Bedha

Bedha Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanted to congratulate you on making it into the game!

Great work, but i have a huge problem... TOO MANY COOL RACES! ^^

18. ThePhail

ThePhail Subatomic Cosmonaut

Since there's been some talking about pets. I made this:
    [​IMG]

19. LordPils

LordPils Orbital Explorer

Aaaaaaaah, he's adorable.

Crafty_312 and ThePhail like this.
  20. Earl Asplund

Earl Asplund The Number of the Minibeast

Has anyone already referenced this as a suitable theme when thinking of Novakids?