Race Meet the Novakid

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Bietol, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Crystan
    [​IMG]

2. Cgamma

Cgamma Aquatic Astronaut

I really hope that they can be a wide variety of colors. My favorite color has been green my entire life.​

3. Luthos

Luthos Title Not Found

Incredible work! I'm gutted it took a flapping penguin on the pre order page for me to stumble upon this idea you've fathomed but its better than missing them entirely, i'm a massive fan of this race already and its blown all my original plans for a character to bust. The 500k mark is fast approaching and i'm clutching at straws to birth a new character for me to play under your race, they've struck me for six. Lovin your lore, commitment but overall, cause they look intense, their DESIGN which is absolutely awesome.

These nonchalant, gruff and uncivil bastards are exactly what i wanted, thanks for your work :)

4. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Hmm, I'm curious. Have any of the Novakid ever exploded into a black hole when they died?

5. Taitinator

Taitinator Big Damn Hero

Oh really.

6. Why would they?

7. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Bigger stars tend to become black holes when they die. It'd just fit the whole star theme is what I'm saying.

Actually, no. Stars have to actually be huge and suck themselves in with gravity to become black holes, so if the Novakids are actually human size that wouldn't work. Nevermind. But it'd still be cool if that ever happened in their lore.

Haku, pigrocket and AstroBlast like this.
  8. Hey Bietol, I wanted to see if color branding would work, so I played around with it a little bit. I created a naked base using the naked human base (to keep it true to Starbound) and I'm wondering if some of the Anodynes markings could be worked in on the belly somehow? Anyhoo, I think having the option for different color brands would be great. I hope you don't mind that I tried this. :love:

[​IMG]

*Edit* Here's another one showing more color variety

[​IMG]

Bietol and TenaciousTinkerer like this.
  9. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

is it going to be possible to color the ingrown brands

10. Edaniel

Edaniel Subatomic Cosmonaut

I realy realy realy love this race!

11. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hrm. Just occurred to me that if the Novakid do make it in they're gonna need some sort of bonus for their racial armor like all the other races. What would it be?

A boost to smaller ranged weaponry such as handguns and the like seems like it'd suit them fairly well.

12. Zain Hallows

why not crafting?

13. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

Regeneration and Glowing would work too, or more battery life could work

Flan and Bietol like this.
  14. "Ingrown" brands are not visible on the surface, so I'm not certain this makes sense.

15. mrmcmo

mrmcmo Pangalactic Porcupine

Congarfulations, mr/mrs

16. Zain Hallows

well, I will use my icon as an example. his core/ingrown brand is black instead of white.
    can they be colored to any color is what im asking...like a blue one..or a yellow on or w/e

17. dragontech

dragontech Subatomic Cosmonaut

LOL. But I love these guys. That is all.

18. TheDarkman123

TheDarkman123 Orbital Explorer

19. Gandalf The Grey

Gandalf The Grey Void-Bound Voyager

When I first read this, the wind blew threw my long wizard beard, giving me chills. I knew this would be my destiny. Good show mate.

Flan, Arch-Mage Zandor and Bietol like this.
  20. cecil1994

cecil1994 Star Wrangler

Yaaaaaaay!
    It got in the game.
    'Grats, man.