Race Meet the Anodynes

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Suika Ibuki, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Note: This will no longer be updated unless needed be. Look here instead.​
    Beyond the realm of all that is mortal exists a celestial force tantamount to that of a sentient life form. Born from the stars and cast away into the darkness, the Anodynes light the otherwise dreaded darkness with phenomenal brilliance; both in mental prowess and gleaming luminosity.​
    [​IMG]
    Being the sons and daughters of the stars above, the Anodynes are celestial beings made of liquefied stardust, or 'burning star', as they would call it. These beings were once part of their home star, but released as excess gas into the nearby planets, causing them to liquefy into their otherwise super liquid form. How a minuscule piece of a star gained the ability to live is unknown, along with how it was even able to develop its sentience.​
    The Anodynes adore the humanoid, or upright bipedal form; they consider it to be the purest of all forms, due to the fact that this is the first form they have developed upon gaining their sentience. They believed it was chosen by their 'gods' in order for them to survive. Their body consists of a core, the main 'generator' of the body, the 'stardust', an extremely viscous outer liquid, and an inner super liquid that forms most of their body, and the 'star pieces', the hard, sturdy crystals that form on their chest, waist, and limbs.​
    As their name suggests, the Anodynes are particularly fond of the processes and the secrets of healing. As such, they are capable of immortality and can never die in age, given they have the resources to fuel the burning core inside their cold, hard shells. Unfortunately, the process of healing can not help them if their core gets destroyed. These consequences make them far from invincible.​
    Anodynes love art, especially sculptures and structures. Most workers devote their lives into creating many artworks from minuscule bust sculptures to massive structures and buildings.​
    [​IMG]
    The gods they worship are not incomprehensible beings. They are in fact one of the Anodynes themselves, rumored to have lived way before the Anodyne race have existed. The 11 great deitic rulers, or the masters of the stars as they call it, are the keepers and kings of their civilization. They are anodynes that have lived for over a millennia, and are said to possess godlike strength. However, they rarely ever interfere with worldly affairs, and instead sit in their thrones at the 'peak of the universe', a massive space observatory that is capable of seeing the entire visible universe. These gods, however, see no value on structures and sculptures that are not created in their name or likeness. Due to this, they often hire iconoclasts to destroy these artworks, causing uproar to some and causing anarchy on small communities.​
    More often than not do these anarchists flee from the society. These rebels are often hunted down by bounty hunters, sent by either the gods themselves in order to direct judgement to their so-called sinful crimes. As such, these outcasts find their way through space in search for paradise.​

Support the Creation, the Healing.

Additional Info:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Head Variations: Coming Soon.

Clothing Variations: Coming Soon.

Credits:

Ayumi - Look at those sexy sprites look at it LOOK AT IT NOW DON'T YOU DARE SCROLL DOWN DON'T YOU- DKLDS STOP
    Special Mention:
    Bietol's Novakids - You guys should tots check it out if you like the Anodynes, but prefer different lore or something?

2. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

5000000/10 WANT TO PLAY!

3. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Awesome. They remind me of Andromeda from HoN!

Keep up the good work.

4. Guppy The Cat

Guppy The Cat Heliosphere

You sir, are awesome.

5. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Awesome race Suika

Ramrofl, JazzPigeon and Suika Ibuki like this.
  6. ti5i

ti5i Void-Bound Voyager

Tiy please

JazzPigeon, navar0nius, Nymz and 3 others like this.
  7. How do you notice all of Suika's posts so fast?
    It's almost like Suika TELLS you about them.

In other news, I prefer the Monophytes and the Parfelians, but these are still one of the better race suggestions out there.
    I'm curious to how customization will work with these. I can't think of much for options, considering they're made of FIRE.

Regardless, keep up the good work.

8. Guppy The Cat

Sometimes I wish I could draw like that, lol, atleast I could draw something in the Race Suggestion I did. (Not going to post a link, I'm not here for advertizing, go find it)

Also, I love the suggestion. Tiy needs to add it into the game.

JazzPigeon and Suika Ibuki like this.
  9. yoppyx

yoppyx Existential Complex

Epic race! I now have a new favourite.:up:

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  10. Cellbind

Cellbind Pangalactic Porcupine

10/10 would Bounty Hunt for The Masters.

Ramrofl, JazzPigeon, Squiddy and 3 others like this.
  11. Meldieboy

Meldieboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Excellent and original suggestion, and one that fits in with already established lore too.

JazzPigeon and Suika Ibuki like this.
  12. yoppyx

yoppyx Existential Complex

13. Qader

Qader Void-Bound Voyager

Kick ass. I like the idea of an abnormal humanoid race! :D

14. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

want...want....wannnnt....WANNNNTTTT!!!
    :love:

EDIT:
    I have questions!
    are their more colors then blue? :O
    also what about the dark spots? I don't see any in the sprites? I would like to :D

15. vlamer12

vlamer12 Big Damn Hero

I love the idea of this :DD
    Do want
    Also, minor mistake:​
    They look so awesome, but as mentioned above. How will customization for the heads etc. work?
    I guess I will see soon enough ;)
    Grzzz​
    vlamer12​

16. I like your naked body more than mine.

The Anodynes' body is more visually interesting than the Novakids'.
    I like how it is composed of two different materials, with the shell being used to break up the monotony.

17. I would want them to be fully customizable in color [at least 3 factors to control], but so far I'm unsure as to how that could work. Initially I wanted it to be [core, stardust and starpieces], but the starpieces in the sprite are way too small to change.

I was thinking if it would be possible to change the colors of the gradient [in this case, dark blue and cyan in the sprite], it would most definitely work and can work as a way to simulate a nebular feel to the body.

As for the head variations, it's a simple change of hair, nothing complex.

Galactic Avatar, Ramrofl and Ghostar like this.
  18. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

If your gonna do different hair styles I know I for one would like to see a big fiery pony tail, or two fiery twintails, not sure how it would be possible to do though. (also fire fro would be hilarious.) As for Color you should ask Ayumi, she was making a mockup the other day of some color pallets.

Squiddy, Cellbind and pigrocket like this.
  19. Guppy The Cat

I can recolor, but I can't do gradients.

20. Oh I don't need any color palettes. I can do that myself. I just need to know what are the three parts of the sprite that can be changed in terms of color.