1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Mech Contest!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Camz, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

mechcontest1 (1).gif
    UNOFFICIAL.
    Hi folks! I'm really happy to announce my third contest on the topic of the Mech!
    Requirements.
    • The design can be a pixel,paint,sketch,doodle etc..... anything goes folks!
    • The Mech can be Land,Flying or even underwater.
    • Original*piece of art, no copying!
    • Most of all lots and lots of imagination!
    How to enter:

Create/design a Mech with no limitations on imagination.
    Just reply to this thread with your entry.
    Please one entry per person.

• Opens now!
    • Closes on the 15/03/2013 - Thanks guy's for pointing that out or we would all have to back in time to do the contest:mindwurm:
    • You can edit your entry as many times as you want up until the 15th then judging will commence.
    Definition of mech:

Judging:
    Judging will commence on the 16/03/2013 and we will try to announce winners as soon as possible
    please be patient.
    Prizes:
    1. £15 steam voucher.
    2. £10 steam voucher.
    3. £5 steam voucher.
    GOOD LUCK! :up: ---- Most of all just have some fun guy's!!!!!

Your trusty Cyber Cat Camz :catface:

P.s This thread is strictly for entry's only please i will be posting a discussion thread aswell the link is here --- http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/mech-contest-discussion-thread.15659/

Special thanks to blindSniper for the animated banner!

Hirumaru, Aer_, nababoo and 5 others like this.
  2. Aragaron

Aragaron Big Damn Hero

That's an amazing-looking mech art. I wish I could art as good as you ;_;
    :DD

3. wizzard

wizzard Aquatic Astronaut

Would be a cool idea if you wouldn't suffocate in the water.
    Back to the drawingboard.

Camz and Steam Pirate like this.
  4. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

It'd be great for the Hylotl, though!

WoxandWarf and wizzard like this.
  5. Fantastic Mr. Legion

Fantastic Mr. Legion Phantasmal Quasar

I wish I could draw but unfortunately I can't. I was excited for this contest as well.

6. CoherentManatee

CoherentManatee Space Penguin Leader

Awesome - I have an idea, by the way, it says that the contest 'Closes on the 15/02/2013 '
    It's currently 28/2/3013

Edit : that should say 2013, I would hope that in the next millenium starbound will be released. I have high hopes.

7. olisr

olisr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OMG how is the next millenium? Is starbound out yet?

8. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Thanks guy's for pointing out my error, as my time machine is broke so wouldn't of been able to travel back in time to hold the contest :oops:

Simply a.......

[​IMG]

sorry guy's for this! Light blush=Blush=Beetrootface= Oh dear i look like a tomato:barefeet:​

Also please in future guy's could you discuss anyhting about the contest on the discussion thread as this thread is just for entry's Thanks.

9. shardival

shardival Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi guys!

So here is my entry - probably I will edit it few times :p

<Hope it will counts as mech>

I introduce you - Windwalker.

[​IMG]

Multi-terrain, scout walker.

It's constructed from ultra-light materials. His legs are to weak for running and jumping - that's why Windwalkers uses passive anti-gravity engine, that make construction even lighter.

Windwalker is capable to run with high speed and - if needed - to flight and gliding for short duration - thanks to back engines and fold-able wings.

It's not armed, fast scout unit used by civilian. Usually for gathering first, most basic information about terrain.

Here is sketch to show you Windwalker gliding.

[​IMG]

As unarmed vehicle, our engeeners thinked really, really hard how to enhance survivability defence ability of Windwalker and it's pilot.

After many research, they found cheapest great solution!

Most natural defence system ever!

[​IMG]

(Sorry for long post :p )

10. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

I'm not the world's greatest pixel artist by a long shot, but I whipped this up. I give you, THE TORSON!
    Screen Shot 2013-02-28 at 4.10.08 PM.png
    This heavy apex walker is used by the Big Ape's soldiers.
    Its small legs limit its mobility, but double its stability. In fact, the way it moves is by taking one leg off the ground, rotating its entire lower body, and replacing its leg upon the ground.
    In one hand, it carries a (poorly drawn) heavy laser machine gun.
    In the other it uses a CRNCH-class claw, made of unobtanium with hardlight nodules.
    It is favored over tanks because it only requires one Apex to pilot. Recently the rebels have been adapting it for use in gorilla warfare (apex version of guerrilla).

Mythekos, nababoo, Camz and 2 others like this.
  11. WackyWocky

WackyWocky Pangalactic Porcupine

Lucky for me this contest popped up now. I've been drawing a mech lately which should do just fine here. Let me introduce:

The D.E.X. Suit
    This highly versatile mecha is meant for mobility, speed and agility instead of raw firepower and armor. The mecha is a suit of tight, light-weight armor made from an Etherium Alloy with Titanium joints that'll take any and all strain. The Suit grafts itself to your skin to provide a perfect (and eternal) fit!
    The suit is fitted with the newest and most modern of hydraulic pistons, massively enhancing your abilities. Want to run as fast as an Autogyro? Jump from a 48-story building and walk away from the fall? How about dodge bullets? Well, the D.E.X. Suit is here for you.
    [​IMG]
    So you might be thinking: "So it's armor with arthritis protection, what's the big deal?"'
    Well then Highly-Critical-Stranger, I'll tell you. The D.E.X. Suit is also suitable for outside combat situations. Unlike your average, impractical armor which has to be taken off for fancy events, leaving you weak, the D.E.X. has an Emote-Transmitter built-in to your visor and connected to your brain stem! No need to remove the helmet to smile, the helmet smiles for you! It comes with 4 pre-programmed emotions. (Extensions can be bought online)
    [​IMG]
    "The 4 most basic emotes: Angry, Sad, Curious and Happy"
    Nonetheless, in today's Universe where firepower means everything, the D.E.X. Suit makes sure not to be on the weaker end. The Suit's left arm is fitted with a C24 Proton Blaster with Extended Lenses Capacitors. It can, and will, vaporize your enemies.
    [​IMG]
    Gentlemen, the line starts to the left. No fighting, there's enough Suits for everyone!
    Extras:
    For those of you that want a more personal D.E.X. Suit, well, they can be fully customized!
    [​IMG]

Here is a custom Suit being tested in the factory. As you can see, there are a lot of customization options!
    "Just wanted to mention that these are drawn be me, as stated on the desc. of the original picture locations."

Ketoth, druid, Miuub and 15 others like this.
  12. Pigeon

Pigeon Cosmic Narwhal

Well... $^*&£

13. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

Not completely a mech, but a mining machine thing..

AstroBlast, Camz and shardival like this.
  14. JPK

JPK Subatomic Cosmonaut

Im not an artist at all but i have plenty of cool ideas. It looked a lot cooler in my head tho :C
    [​IMG]

Medieval Glitch mecha! Steampowered guard-tower like monster used to crush enemy fortifications.
    Everything is working thanks to gears and chain-like-things transmission. Little wheel in leg system is pushed backward to lift up chain, resulting in foot moving upward. After that, piston is pushing leg forward and then foot is lowered.
    Armament is ballista-crossbow-like launcher. Bolt is fired using powerful spring (Grey part behind it). After firing, gears transfer power to spring loading system, disabling legs for that time.
    Crew is composed of 6 Gletch (Glitch-men?) - 2 drivers, gunner, commander and engineers taking care of fragile engine and loading new bolts (Bolts are usually strapped on side of mech, up to 2 per side. Also, for every 5 ballista mechs, there is one without weapons, carrying ammunition for friends).
    The machine is completely useless in direct combat, where enemies can easily immobilize it by cutting chains. Its performing well in long range support for other types of battle machines. It can use different types of ammunition and, when spring power is tuned down, launch soldiers behind enemy lines.

kelko585, Avantir, Camz and 2 others like this.
  15. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

So far all entry's are very good! yets hope more cool designs are coming!

hhhhm! Good point! Well i might edit it so the host has a air supply mask but i dont see any point as i cant be entered into the contest and its the mech itself i like with my drawing. But very good spotting and thanks for the usefull feedback!

16. BettyHime

BettyHime Void-Bound Voyager

Might as well post this here too....
    mollytiy.png

17. DeusExel

DeusExel Big Damn Hero

Diamma.PNG

Name: Diamma - Greek letter for 6
    Height: 1.75m
    Weight:100 kg

The Diamma unit is used for quick and fast erasion of certain Targets - so basically an Assasin.
    As the name implies there are only 6 of them. The simple reason for this is that they would, in larger numbers,
    attack their owners. They are the most effective killers ever. Their ranged and melee abilities are unmatched,

These units are under control of the gouverment. Construction plans are TOP SECRET so no private person can replicate them.

Diamma units are cyborgs which means they have an organic component. They posses human brains combined with all sorts of support from an autonmic AI. That means they can easily adapt to any situation they're in. With their [DATA EXPUNGED] they're able to [DATA EXPUNGED] very fast.

What would a gouverment do with such toys?Well I don't know.

Thanks fo readin' folks. Hope ya enjoyed.

Miuub, Breather and Camz like this.
  18. kiff86

kiff86 Void-Bound Voyager

Ahoy hoy, here's my mech design.
    Name: Amphi 1 (or toady as it is affectionately named by its operators)
    Description: An all terrain amphibious mech used in exploration of unknown and un assessed planets. Based on the resilient toad its short limbs limit it to an awkward walk and/or hopping motion but offer greater support and mobility over all terrain types.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Crystan, druid, BettyHime and 20 others like this.
  19. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]
    Medium Sized: [​IMG]
    Original Sprite: [​IMG]

EDIT: Spoilerized... it was a bit big. Whatever.
    EDIT: Added A medium size. (it was easier to look at)

Camz likes this.
  20. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

I have a question. If you make mechs for all the developers, do they become StarboundZord if they combine?

druid, Camz, Seajun_ and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.