1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Ixantir, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

He was replying to me, I had asked about replacing a previous mod I'm working with.

2. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

Cool. Also, after finding the mod to be so nice, I had to apologize for the amount of sarcasm.

3. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Appreciated.
    whenever you choose to update. I had a new graphic that got voted down, plus a number of complaints about one handed switching being annoying. I still haven't figured out how to fix placement graphics.

4. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

For the one-hand version, just mention that how they equip it is up to them. The downside of having the more compact, single-handed tool is that it only works on background or foreground, not both. I'm perfectly fine with this, as it means that making a pair of the single-handed manips means I can actually get both the foreground and the background at the same time, rather than one or the other at a time.

Just because they have no imagination for tool use shouldn't get you down, just make sure that there's both two-and-one handed manips, and the basic one is the two handed.

And I have no idea where the placement graphics would be, the only recourse I could suggest is asking the actual developers, and hoping they reply.

5. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

6. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

Yowch! Refuse to work with me? But I'm such a pleasant guy!

In all seriousness, is there something I could do with my mod that would help with cross-mod compatibility? If your mod loads after mine (as I anticipate it would) I could give you a modified version of the kobold starting loot that would fit easily into your folder and would essentially force kobolds into starting with manipulators. Pretty much in the same way you're looking at doing quests, actually.

7. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

8. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Tullehar updated Matrix Compilers, tools of the future with a new update entry:

Minor hotfix

Read the rest of this update entry...

Appreciated. Though for a few races this wouldn't work. though no other race I know of alters that asset so my mod tends to work in general. Your fix is part of my current update

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    CaptainKobold likes this.
  9. CaptainKobold

CaptainKobold Pangalactic Porcupine

Fantastic! Glad to hear we've got compatibility again! I'm pretty much planning on keeping my little changes until something comes up as incompatible, but so far I've yet to find something that seriously doesn't work together.

10. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

11. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

and then it crashes

12. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

mind copying the whole thing and pastebining it? I need to see what the other durasteel beamaxe is coming from. I've checked my coding. you can even have a look
    http://pastebin.com/tF3aafQ5
    I don't see an issue there however. SO my next guess would be to check the other mods in use. I suggest checking against the other mod files to identify if anything else uses that item name. Maybe you have an outdated version? I'll upload my current version and see if that helps as well.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  13. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

15. ThaOneDon

ThaOneDon Parsec Taste Tester

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    Ixantir likes this.
  16. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

it was a precautionary reupload in case people were running into errors.
    Glad to know you are following zo ^^

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I see, well I'll look at it tomorrow, today has been very hard on me.

18. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

shouldn't really be much more than my current file uploaded

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I haven't even started up my computer since I got home, been on mobile the whole time.

20. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

In other news I may return to my older models hopefully. So there will be about Four mods I think in the long run, one as it currently stands .-.
    Another as it was for those that prefer it the old way, another a little fancier looking in menu, and finally one for the single-handed units. I probably won't move forward too much more on this particular unit as I feel the others need my attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.