1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by Ixantir, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Tullehar submitted a new mod:

Matrix Compilers, tools of the future - A matter manipulator replacement with tiers

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Whitlinger Doodle Do likes this.
  2. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

3. Chronomega

Chronomega Big Damn Hero

I ran the mod tonight after the update for Enraged Koala and found there to be a few missing signs in the coding for recipes/tier2/robticcraftingtable/titaniumbeamaxe.recipe and recipes/tier2/robticcraftingtable/violiumbeamaxe.recipe

I did the fixes to make it playable for myself but it was just a couple : and , and " that were missing in the code. I did test them on my server to make sure they didn't throw any errors. I've attached the fixed zip if you want to review it.

Attached Files:

4. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

wow thanks I was just about to ask for help on this because I was having a hard time finding what was missing. I'll run your version and get back to you. Much appreciated ahead of time. Awesome I ran this successfully and even learned something else while I was at it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  5. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

6. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

One question, do these replace existing Teslaic Manipulators, because I've been patching them to keep them around this whole time.
    Just wondering, is all.

Anyways, it's lookin' good!

7. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

they change the starting quest that's the only real difference so far.

oh and since the update they don't crash the game.

8. julz19

julz19 Phantasmal Quasar

I like that mod, but how would i change the tile damage? i didnt see any line about that in the files, would it be "firetime"?

9. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

like the size of it? and to what end is your purpose Asking about that function makes me worrisome. They are quite balanced. Simply progress forward. the stone one is made on the crafting table then it jumps to the anvil then the metalworking station and finally the robotic crafting table.

Firetime would be speed yes. I won't take kindly to being underhanded however.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  10. julz19

julz19 Phantasmal Quasar

The only reason honestly is that i hate grinding the begining of the game over and over so i'd like to make the 1st one at least twice as powerful just to help quicken the pace until i have enough ressources. After that, i would probably leave all the others as is.

I used to use the Star wars mod which is currently not up to date and i used the force power in the beginning to get enough ore until i could make the 1st set of armors/weapon and then i'd stop using it.

ps. i dont get what you mean by "being underhanded" If you talk about stealing your ideas or wathever, don't worry i know nothing of modding, if i did i would probably have figured out :rofl:

11. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

MM. 20 stone ten wood at a crafting table
    all it takes to reach a notable difference.

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

*poke*

Hey, hey, guess what. Someone's mod is overwriting quests.config and breaking the Avali mod when people use it together...

Guess who's?

:iswydt:

:rofl:

You need to use the merge/replace syntax :p

13. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

I'm going for a coffee run I can't find the corrected that I'd finished so unfortunately it will wait until more immediate needs are dealt with.

I believe I held off on releasing it because I need to create a racial quest per modded race. Save the Kobolds who are foolish and forgot where they put their manipulator. I actually refuse to work with Cpt. Kobold until that is rectified and will not be making "shovels" tiered.

also because I'm a tad forgetful would I need to use the present merge in the player file or add a merge in the quests, last time I think I just made a quest and added :
    "avali" : [ "avalitutorial.gearup" ]
    though I no longer have it installed so you'd have to let me know what your starter mission is.

I really may not be as active on here as I have been . I have no one I know in game anymore and lack motivation. if things become too trivial from my standpoint I may remain silent in all regards.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You're going to be very busy and have a lot of issues if you try and create compatibility patches for every race ever. You're better off intercepting say, the second stage of the starter quest (Which is a step every race will get, even custom ones), and and merge your gizmo into the reward for the second step; I know the player will get both a matter and a matrix manipulator but it's a far cleaner solution.

15. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

I am not like you. I dislike the simpler method. I will repair races I play first and those that come to me. The higher ended product will shine the brighter at days end. So when I get back I will fix the avali issue and probably novakid+ since I play novakids. Then I will work out the kinks of other functional races.

I also have plans to add quests. so simply messing up the missions would get in my way and be redundant coding.

So looking at your files because your quests already use
    Code:
    {
      "__merge" : [],
      "initialquests" : {
      }
    }
    previously what I did was in my quests file

Code:
    {
      "refreshInterval" : 2.0,
      "initialquests" : {
        "glitch" : [ "glitchtutorial.gearup" ],
        "human" : [ "humantutorial.gearup" ],
        "avian" : [ "aviantutorial.gearup" ],
        "apex" : [ "apextutorial.gearup" ],
        "floran" : [ "florantutorial.gearup" ],
        "hylotl" : [ "hylotltutorial.gearup" ]
      }
    }
    was add the line
    Code:
    ],
      }
    }
    would I need to use an overwrite?

16. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

17. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    I can understand your reluctance to use the simpler method, but mostly if it happens to be more about unfamiliar syntax.
    However, the merge code is simple enough. If that's a problem, well... I must say, I have a great deal of respect for those who do the harder solution.
    However, since it seems that this is not for quality, but just 'cause, I think that this needs to be added as an exception to my internalized rule-table.

Whatever. The quality looks good enough, I'm probably going to try it out anyway. :)

But I'm more interested in the other statement. "I'm not like you."
    That's an interesting thing to say.
    So here it goes, "I'm not like you." Now that we're not like each other, can we be friends, we don't have things in common, which is something we both have in common with each other, so let's do this!
    [​IMG]
    We should get nachos and watch a movie that neither of us like, since that seems like the logical place to go for friendship based off of mutual disinterest. Then we can talk about ourselves and bore ourselves to death in the process.

I see a wonderful evening coming on.

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  18. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

No no no, that simply will not do! All of this should be done by someone else that both of you have the same level of ambiguity, distrust, or dislike of, so that you know they won't be particular about it.

On the other hand, I think your sarcasm switch got stuck in the 'on' position, you might want to get that repaired before any accidental faux pas remarks get you slapped by some form of royalty or something.

On the note of the mod itself, it looks pretty good. Is there any chance you could add a cheap-cost track through the Tabula Rasa to replace the ones I'm going to need to get rid of? I'm using a manually patched edition of the older Teslaic Manipulators mod - I'm sure you know of it - but that one's been discontinued. My entire server just finished the Durasteel tech section, and we're about to begin collecting Aegisalt in the morning. I'm just wondering if the easy track would be possible to get back up that far quickly.

19. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Replace the mod or don't its the same thing, just a slight name and description fix. As to can I do this that or the other the answer is no. Stick to the old version until you get through aegisalt and then update or update beforehand.

I work on this mod as it is needed for functionality. It was an opportunist mod to begin with, a vulture if you will, pack-ratting bits and pieces to make a whole. It exists because I felt like picks drills and axes were craw.

20. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

No, Actually, I really do like it.
    It's very nice. I was skeptical of the matter manipulator progression mods until I used yours. I think it is well done.
    Sorry 'bout the sarcasm, I just had to expound on the strange phrasing there.
    In any case, you've done a good enough job for me to reverse my position earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.