1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Matter Block

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Gryzbow, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Gryzbow

Gryzbow Void-Bound Voyager

So I found a hardened monster plate, and it unlocked a few blueprints, however I need something called a "matter block" to make it. Anyone know where to get it?

2. Xilo

Xilo Subatomic Cosmonaut

yeah it'd be nice to know so i can make the welders mask when i have the other stuff.

3. Pentigan

Pentigan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Matter Block isn't available in game yet. There is however some furniture blueprints that use those plates, just gotta go hunting.

4. Xilo

Xilo Subatomic Cosmonaut

ah darn, i was hopin to make the welding mask. but with the coming update its not gonna matter xP

5. VegeeMcSalad

VegeeMcSalad Intergalactic Tourist

So the matter block will be added in the future when the welder mask is obsolete to my level?
    If so, does that mean the Welder's Mask is impossible to obtain right now?

6. Xilo

Xilo Subatomic Cosmonaut

well with modding im sure someone can get it on them. it is an item and does exist but the means to legitimately obtain it are not possible at the moment as an item needed to make it has nowhere to be spawned or created.

7. EternalWinds

EternalWinds Space Hobo

Well, I got some Matter Blocks earlier, i'm not sure if there's a "safer" method... I basically stormed one of the pyramid-shaped underground complexes (with the lava, breakable crystals etc.) and found a machine that looked like some sort of teleporter; swirling orange pixels, cylindrical shape on the outside; I used it and instantly exploded in a shower of purple crystal, most of which settled on the surfaces it collided with. The machine itself seemed to close off, and was only useable once - it provided 11 blocks.

It was only when I returned and mined the blocks created from my implosion I realised they were "Matter Blocks" - i'm not sure if self sacrifice is the only way to obtain them, but if it is then look for the metal pyramid installations, go into their bowels and try to find what looks like a teleporter. You might want to try different things with it, but using it certainly turns you into the aforementioned spray of "matter" that settles into blocks on surfaces it lands on.

8. Sephlington

Sephlington Phantasmal Quasar

It's not the self-sacrifice, it just ex/imploded. Happened to me, but I still had some health left. I got 14 of them from underneath one of those pyramids, and have no idea what I can actually use them for, despite unlocking a blueprint apparently...

9. NOOBINATOR

NOOBINATOR Poptop Tamer

You can craft the "Makeshift Armor" set at a Metalworks. It kinda looks like cultist armor. I'm not sure what else you can do with it but that's the blueprint that you unlock.