Martial Arts (Or barehand brawling)

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by H-Alo, Nov 3, 2013.

1. H-Alo

H-Alo Phantasmal Quasar

Ever felt that weapons started getting boring to play with? ...No?
    Wanted to go back to the old ways of street fighter/tekken fighting, but with more flair? ...No?
    Wanted to (somehow) take down a boss with no weapons for the bragging rights? ...Not at all?
    Whatever.
    I say martial arts (or barehand brawling... well more like combo stringing).

Well, not exactly martial arts. Just rapid spamming of the clicky button while unequipped to punch who knows how many times in succession. Minus the rapid spamming bit...
    Well, not exactly just punching either. Of course there'd be some spamming of the mouse 1 button, but this would lead to a successive string of attacks that would also be influenced by direction. Being attacked would also cancel out the string. Annoying flying things attacking you? Jump up and UPPERCUT THEM OUTTA THE SKY. Annoying slime-like things attacking you from below? Dive down and pummel them with a well thought out combo that incorporates a clever mixture of elbows, palms, and knees!

You could be stuck in a crowd of angry mobs, just after you trashed your weapon/s by accident to make room for some ores. You could be battling a boss, and wanted to have something to brag about. Or you might just be too weak to have weapons.
    Think about it. You just start the game, and you feel that your newly acquired gear is too slow for your clicking expertise. Just switch to punching! Sure, it'd probably weaker than your weapon, but it might suit your clicking expertise better.

(Though you're probably better off with a weapon.)

This is probably like a "struggle" option, like in pokemon. Hahaha.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

This has been suggested a bunch before.

4. H-Alo

H-Alo Phantasmal Quasar

I know. I just wanted to reinforce the idea, in a way.
    Ahaha~

5. Vampiz

Vampiz Pangalactic Porcupine

I love this idea... PUNCH THOSE PESKY MONSTERS! FALCO!

6. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

If you know then you should be trying to contribute to the existing threads rather than create a new one and increase the clutter. Also, Minecraft isn't a good example of unarmed combat at all and I would like a more interested unarmed combat system than click to punch. You mentioned martial arts in the title and that would be interesting, so perhaps elaborate on that. :)

7. lukeib618

lukeib618 Void-Bound Voyager

8. H-Alo

H-Alo Phantasmal Quasar

9. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More fighting skills would be awesome. Like doing a special slash downwards when jumping and hitting "S" and LMB in midair with melee weapons. You know what I mean?

10. Connorses

Connorses Big Damn Hero

Yeah it would be great if you could aim attacks but considering you can't even do that with a sword yet.... (that's what I need to suggest - angled sword swings)

11. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Too bad it seems that the developers doesn't find this idea very cool.. angled attacks were suggested long time ago and not even with THIS HUGE UPDATE a few day ago it was added. I don't think this will happen very soon. Maybe they will say "very soon" in some time but yeah we all know what this means in Chucklefish'ish.

12. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

I support punching things!

13. kangoo595

kangoo595 Void-Bound Voyager

I as a Tae Kwon do black belt support kicking things :)