Making teleporters more secure and useful

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by cooltv27, Apr 1, 2015.

1. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

I have an idea to make teleporters more useful and more secure for multi player use
    1. add another input box for a "teleporter network ID". teleporters on the same network automatically connect to each other.
    2. add a list of "connected networks" you can enter any network ID into this list and this teleporter connects to that network, not any other teleporters on the same network, and the other network does not automatically connect back
    example 1: im going to be building a multi planetary base connected with the teleporters (ID "1") where I can jump between planet freely. Im also going to be building a secret base on another planet, but dont want its teleporter (ID "no") to show up the others, but want it to be able to take me to the main network. this way I can appear out of no where at any base that needs attention.

example 2: this would make it possible to build puzzles where you enter and exit a room remotely allowing the creator more free room to build and a bit more creativity

Waffle-Chan likes this.