Announcement Making mod installation easier

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by bartwe, Dec 14, 2013.

1. kingniles

kingniles Void-Bound Voyager

Ignore my existence now, i figured it out. Lets all just calm down, sorry.

2. fevian

fevian Industrial Terraformer

I AM CALM!!! Nah, but seriously, it's all good. I just didn't know what you were trying to ask, haha.

3. kingniles

kingniles Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, you all can continue being smart and ignoring me.

4. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

the mod folder is under the main Starbound folder easiest way to get to it is to open properties of Starbound (right click) in the games list in Steam Library tab.

KingArthur232 likes this.
  5. malae

malae Big Damn Hero

I still cannot figure out why I'm getting errors(in the starbound log) and nothing from the mod folder is loading. I've tried doing the old method but I can't find certain files now. It's like everything has been moved entirely. I've uploaded my starbound log to see if there is anything else noticing that i'm doing wrong. All mods are in the mod folder with the .modinfo, as well as here is my bootstrap:
    Code:
    {
      "handleFatalSignals" : true,
      "handleInterruptSignal" : true,
      "assetSources" : [
        "../assets/packed.pak",
        "../assets/user"
      ],
      "modSource" : "../mods",
      "storageDirectory" : ".."
    }

I have tried reinstalling the game and mods numerous times. I'm just trying to figure out what is going on, it's been a very long time since I've played and modded as well. If possible I would be willing to have someone direct me on teamviewer.

Attached Files:

6. I can help. send me your Teamviewer ID over to me in a PM. Looks like you need a re-install though. You have vanilla assets that are erroring out. If you did the old method you probably messed up your bootstrap.config

7. malae

malae Big Damn Hero

Appears several of the mods were incompatible and that was what was causing all the log display errors. I've also removed all the old files to fix that and did a fresh install just to be safe. Previously had mods from Modnexus and perhaps they are far far out of date.

8. Eeveeminecraft

Eeveeminecraft Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I don't know if anyone else will see this, but I'm having issues with the mods I installed. The weird thing is... MODPAK files work, but any mod with a folder just simply doesn't work. Another thing that's odd is that I tried EVERY character extension mod, and none work; I presume it's because any mod in a separate folder doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution?

9. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Make sure that each mod folder has its modinfo file in the correct place. It's very like you extracted each mod incorrectly, and the folder structure got screwed up.

And there is a much more relevant thread to discuss mod installation than an announcement thread that was otherwise not replied to for two years.