1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Logic 101 - Wiring and logic blocks (before Tier 3)

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by metadept, Dec 9, 2013.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

[​IMG]

Since the logic gates are now craftable in game (as of v. Angry Koala) I've discontinued Logic 101. For fresh wire/logic goodness, check out Sparkz!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    GoobySVP, Payroll, ahappydude and 3 others like this.
  2. metadept

Updated this to v1.1, with some object/filename cleanup, improved consistency, and pressure plates. Haven't done extensive compatibility testing yet, but so far it seems to work correctly with today's (9/12) Annoyed Koala release.

Changes in v1.1:
    -New art for Wiring Station courtesy of talc
    -Added Pressure Plate
    -Renamed items and folders (see below)

NOTES FOR UPGRADE FROM OLD VERSIONS
    When updating from v0.9 or v1.0 to v1.1, any Logic 101 objects in inventory or world will be lost. If you aren't using the boostrap.config or a mod loader, make sure to completely remove the previous version's files before installing new version. Sorry to those of you who may have lost some machines, but this shouldn't happen again as the items are now named for compatibility with other mods or future updates.

3. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

Very nice. I do like wiring and I thought about changing the files myself, but its nice you have a mod for it instead :D However, next time can you stick it all one one folder instead of going in the main files?

4. metadept

Glad you like it! Only reason I'm using the main files is so that, when/if the devs implement the vanilla logic blocks, I can delete those files from my mod and your blocks should remain in the world. I do plan to remove the modifications on the ironbar.item when a better entry point is available for unlocking blueprints. You should use bootstrap.config or a mod loader to prevent actually overwriting the default files (it will load the modified files after the defaults, overwriting their behavior but leaving the originals intact).

5. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

this needs a video demo. most people didn't even do any wiring to connect levers with doors ever.

6. Phantom5582

Phantom5582 Phantasmal Quasar

I went to Download the file from nexus and the file is labeled "Modded Casual Outfit N7 Shirt FemShep Metal" with the note being "N7 Shirt for FemShep with Metal Dogtags". Is this a mistake on Nexus' side or was your mod file names that by mistake?

Edit: It seems it is a mistake on Nexus' part as when I downloaded the file, the Zip file was the right name. It seems really odd to me that name change happened.

7. Phantom5582

After downloading the file, I have not been able to work the mod into my game as I can't fully read the Readme. It looks like all of the "next lines" have been removed and it's all one paragraph and one big mess. I'm trying to read it as to get the nod working on my version of the game.

8. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

What's not working with the mod?

If it's the recipes you might need to start a new character, especially if Player.config is being used.

9. Phantom5582

I didn't say it wasn't working, more like the Readme was a bit of a mess and I could not quickly see how to install the mod. I was going to start a new character anyway as I didn't do to much with this current character.

10. Black--snow

Black--snow Cosmic Narwhal

Code:
    Logic 101, a player-created mod for Starbound.

Latest release: v1.1, for Starbound Beta v Irritated Koala 5/12/2013

The purpose of this mod is to make wiring and logic functions available from much earlier in the game. In addition to making the unfinished logic blocks craftable, this mod will add a variety of additional input, output, and logic blocks to work with the built-in optical wiring system. The Wiring Table can be created at a Crafting Table after obtaining an Iron Bar, and all other recipes are crafted at the Wiring Station.

Created by metadept. Please email any questions, suggestions or bug reports to cheswick13@hotmail.com.

FEATURES
    -Changed recipe and requirements for Wire Tool to make it available in Tier 1
    -New Item: Wiring Station, used to craft logic and wiring recipes
    -New Item: Small Wall Switch (a toggle switch which also accepts wire input to activate/deactivate)
    -New Item: Small Wall Button (a momentary switch)
    -New Item: Small Floor Button (a momentary switch)
    -New Item: Large Floor Button (a momentary switch)
    -New Item: Pressure Plate (a momentary switch which also triggers when players/items/monsters touch it)
    -Craftable logic blocks including AND, NOT, OR and XOR gates, Timer, and Bulb

INSTALLATION
    For the simplest installation, you can copy the contents of the 'assets' folder over your Starbound assets directory, overwriting files as prompted. For more detailed instructions including use with built in modloader, see http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-proper-way-to-install-mods.41929/

COMPATIBILITY
    This mod makes changes to the following base game files, and will be incompatible with other mods which alter these files:
        items\generic\crafting\ironbar.item
        objects\logic\and.object
        objects\logic\not.object
        objects\logic\or.object
        objects\logic\xor.object
        objects\logic\timer.object
        objects\logic\dlatch.object
        objects\logic\bulb.object
        recipes\tier2\roboticcraftingtable\wiretool.recipe

VERSION HISTORY

v1.1
    -Renamed objects and folders to avoid potential conflicts. ***Logic 101 objects already in world/inventory will be lost, sorry... but I promise to probably never do this again.***
    -Added new art for the Wiring Table (thanks, talc!)
    -Added Pressure Plate

v1.0
    -Added Small Wall Button and Small Wall Switch
    -Added Wiring Table and moved recipes

v0.9
    (initial release)

11. metadept

I've updated this mod to ONLY modify the default logic gates (see explanation above). The additional items previously available in Logic 101 (and more!) are now available in Sparkz

12. iPwnned

iPwnned Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do I have permission to add this mod into a modpack for a youtube series, viewers will be able to download the mod via the modpack link. I will give full credits to all the mod developers, who decide to allow there mod to be apart of this modpack.

13. metadept

Yes, you may, thanks for asking! Where's your YouTube channel?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  14. iPwnned

iPwnned Subatomic Cosmonaut

15. Jonharson

Jonharson Poptop Tamer

I can has logic?

[​IMG]

Version with a .modinfo for Offended Koala attached.

Attached Files:

metadept likes this.
  16. Phantom5582

Thanks for that small change. I was able to get this and Sparkz working in game. Thanks a lot ^_^

17. metadept

Thanks for doing this! I've added the .modinfo file to the official version.

18. Luos_83

Luos_83 Void-Bound Voyager

As someone who has done massive logic inside lbp, Can I request a microchip in which we place all the gates?

[​IMG]

The arrow one is a mover, the wheel ones are rotators. (can ignore em)

[​IMG]
    Selector with loads of ands and ors.

and one that goes a little crazy on the logic (but still fairly minimal to what we see nowadays in lbp)

[​IMG]

19. Supergeek

Supergeek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What kinds of things can you do with the logic gates so far?

20. Luos_83

Luos_83 Void-Bound Voyager

Basically anything you send your mind to. from enemy traps to fully automated houses and more.
    (I hope)