Modding Discussion Kids - Community Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by telles0808, Feb 12, 2014.

1. faytkun

faytkun Void-Bound Voyager

Lol of course

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Now I am become Dave, the destroyer of worlds.

that's a pun.

3. TheUniversalUniverse!

TheUniversalUniverse! Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks, I really feel like I'm in a slump and need motivation, I really thank you for liking Lunia so much, I'm really really thankful for that comment!

faytkun likes this.
  4. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

I don't suppose there is any way to give stuff to them and have them equip it, like armor or weapons?

Maybe a way for them to hold stuff for you in a separate inventory, sort of like a mule or portable chest?

Probably not. But it SURE WOULD BE NICE! :D

5. faytkun

"...Doing it, you'll need a short description, a long description, a name and a phrase for each vanilla race say when meeting the kid..."

Name: Dave Strider

Short desc: A totally hipster kid from Houston Texas

long desc: Dave Strider is the totally awesome alpha kid from Homestuck. He is viewed as a hipster by some but he prefers the term "Ironically cool". He is skilled at dropping "fat beats" and wielding only half a sword. He's also cooler than you.

Apex: A common 20th century earth child
    Human: He thinks he's cooler than me...
    Avian: This boy is delirious if HE thinks he's a god!
    Glitch: ERROR. IRONY DOES NOT COMPUTE
    Hyolotl: He's so~cool!
    Floran: .....can floran eat sssstrange "dope" child....?

Run-run-dave.gif

Attached Files:

Yoseiri and CansaRT like this.
  6. TheUniversalUniverse!

I'm too scared of messing these guys up!

So I'll just leave them as they are, here's Pippa...

"...Doing it, you'll need a short description, a long description, a name and a phrase for each vanilla race say when meeting the kid..."

Name: Pippa

Short Desc.: Descendant from an arctic avian tribe

Desc: Pippa and her twin brother Pip are descendants of an ancient arctic avian tribe, far from finding ever again, Pip and Pippa are really alone in their existence, maybe that's why they cling on to the player so much? Pippa herself feels an unbridled sense of abandonment from however she became lost among the stars with her brother, and has just started learning to truly trust those around her again

Apex: It is staring at me awkwardly...
    Hyolotl: I don't quite understand why, but she seems to conceal a deep longing within... poor girl.
    Floran: Ssssstupid bird, sssstop sssstaring!
    Glitch: CLAUSTROPHOBIC: THIS AVIAN SEEMS A BIT ATTACHED.
    Human: I feel sad, just looking at her...
    Avian: Hm, she's not of my ancestry, yet we are certainly the same...

This may be a bit rusty, I haven't done this in quite a while...

Attached Files:

faytkun likes this.
  7. faytkun

Pippa is super cute c: and I know what you mean! Its hard to guess the rough estimation on where to cut them down.

TheUniversalUniverse! likes this.
  8. TheUniversalUniverse!

well, thanks for relating... wait, your title is seal broken... now that's a joke I don't even need to make, right? *loljk* You're cool bro, you're cool, and thanks for the compliment!

faytkun likes this.
  9. faytkun

Haha thanks! I love the other kids you've made too c: I was thinking making a floran child next

TheUniversalUniverse! likes this.
  10. TheUniversalUniverse!

Oh, thanks, that's great, I can't wait to see your next child, but before either of us upload another, we should wait for telles to finish with the one's we've currently posted, and update the mod, best not overload him

11. faytkun

Fair enough :rofl:

12. crazykidthree33

crazykidthree33 Big Damn Hero

Name: Tsuai (Sue-I)

Short desc: Loves being in high altitudes, loves ships!

Long desc: Tsuai was born for the sky, or so she says and has dedicated her life to making her one step closer to flying herself, while in a lab working with a apex for a field trip she accidentally made the gravity bubble by suggesting it should have bursts of energy that reduce gravity so a invisible propulsion device could push them upwards, this apex now takes all credit from it.

Apex: Going to take credit from my work too?
    Hylotl: No, I'm not getting into the giant frying pan to get your doll.
    Floran: We are ssssssame!
    Glitch: AWED. A CUTE AVIAN GIRL.
    Human: You don't seem that bad.
    Avian: Your bravery to stand up to them is honorable.

Edit: Just realized that I forgot to change the file name.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  13. HaNKMillenium2000

HaNKMillenium2000 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm a little confused. For the quotes, are they supposed to come from different species, or are they the kid's reaction to each one?

14. HaNKMillenium2000

Nevermind, I was being ignorant.

15. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

This is a amazing idea. :megusta:

16. HaNKMillenium2000

Ah, it's done. And it only took me three days (sprites included)!

Name: Vortec

Short Description: A homeless Apex child who's parents were executed for discussing rebellion.

Long Description: On one cold evening in an Apex city, a couple was executed due to being accused of discussing the rumored rebellion against the Miniknog. Their son, Vortec, managed to escape and seek shelter in a tunnel he dug himself. Now he is in complete opposition of the Miniknog, and hopes of an adventurer taking him in to help them possibly take down the regime.

Apex: "Where is your vest, young man!"*

Hyolotl: "Hello young one! Are you lost? If so, may I aid you in finding your parents?"

Floran: "*licks lips* MMMMMMMM!!!! It's rare that I get to eat a monkey FRESH!"

Glitch: CONCERNED. MAY I ASSIST YOU LITTLE ONE?

Human: Hey there, little guy!

Avian: Do not worry young Apex, I'm certain you will find purpose in time.

*Vortec had to use his only shirt to make a decoy to distract the authorities.

Attached Files:

17. AlmosVezer1

AlmosVezer1 Void-Bound Voyager

18. CansaRT

CansaRT Void-Bound Voyager

i must do this??

( i dont speak english so much and i dont understand some of the intructions )

19. CansaRT

Here is my kid, if i did something wrong make me know about (sorry about my english)

Name: Kaimishi

Short desc: He is a hylotl boy who was orphaned after an floran attack to his village what everybody dies exept him

Long desc: One day in his village when he was training to be a warrior the floran attacks the village with fury and they kill him parents... now he is looking for someone to help him get revenge on that horrible group of bandits but all the other hylotls refuse to help him

Apex: Nothing interesting here
    Hylotl: The violensedoesn´t work little boy
    Floran: Get out of here ssssstupid fish
    Glitch: ALERTED : THIS BOY LOOKS DANGEROUS!
    Human: You must complete your quest buddy!
    Avian: Kulex be whit you hylotl

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmkwn4pj1kj19s6/KidsmodKaimishi.rar <-DropBox thing (its a .rar file)
    :hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl::hylotl: :hylotl::hylotl:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  20. CansaRT

HOMESTUCK! SUCH.... COOL BRO!

faytkun likes this.