1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1

T̶w̶e̶n̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶x̵ thirty-six oughta be enough for now.

1. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Kawa submitted a new mod:

Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator - Twenty six oughta be enough for now.

Read more about this mod...

ejh1990 likes this.
  2. Tyty

Tyty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Curious, do you still have to add your race to the list in player.config if you're using this?

3. Seripa

Seripa Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mine isn't working. It shows felin and the new interface seems to work just fine, but when I click Felin is just crashes the client.

4. Bloodstarz

Bloodstarz Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you had other races installed you probably messed up something in both the race file and the charcreation config.

5. Seripa

I'll try redoing everything.

I tried installing them both via the mods folder and bootstrap.config method.

Which character config file should I use? One will obviously overwrite the other.

6. Bloodstarz

Open Felin.config and choose which number slot you want it to be on. after that open Charcreation.config and add this line to the list [ "FUR COLOR", "HAIR STYLE", "SHIRT", "PANTS", "BELLY COLOR", "HAIR COLOR", "SHIRT COLOR", "PANTS COLOR", "FELIN", "DISPOSITION" ] and scroll down until you see the "Buttons" Pick the questionmark with id 6 and replace the line after "image" with "/interface/title/felinfemale.png",

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You don't actually have to change the question marks. Those are automatically replaced by the game when the window is shown.

8. Seripa

So I'm.. replacing the charactercreation.config from the creation creator..?

There's two charactercreation.configs from two different mods here, and I'm guessing the xbawks requires it's own to work, right?

Oh wait. Felin config. Let me double check. Sorry I'm dumb.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  9. Bloodstarz

Eh. i replace them anyways.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Step one: put all the files and directories in place.
    Step two: go through the new files in the species directory, giving them all increasing index numbers.
    Step three: open player.config, add entries to species list, preferably in the same order.
    Step four: open charcreation.config, add label data to the list on the top, absolutely in the same order.
    Step five: there is no five, you can ignore the button data.

11. Seripa

Works! I think!

12. Scottvrakis

Scottvrakis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dear god this is confusing.

Bellshazzar and River Song like this.
  13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Ah. I forgot a step still. You still have to edit things like the ship lists and codices and shit. But the character creator itself is effectively reduced to one step only.

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

15. Sup3rN0va

Sup3rN0va Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Kawa thing you can give a simple Directions for people who know nothing about coding?
    because im straight up confused

themsuciaman101 and River Song like this.
  16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Hi straight up confused, I'm Kawa! Directions for what? Installing this mod or installing species with this mod?

17. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

I believe you need to add a .modinfo, I can't get 2.0 to work on a fresh version of Offended Koala without adding one.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Probably because I feel all the modloaders so far, including the built-in, are highly insufficient. I've already tried to contact certain developers with a solution to two problems I have with how things are done now.

For that reason, my stuff doesn't come with modloader manifests. You install them directly into the assets directory.

Update: I see the next update will address things, albeit in another way than I suggested. When the next update is out, then I'll include a .modinfo file.

G4M5T3R likes this.
  19. Sup3rN0va

Sup3rN0va Void-Bound Voyager

it would be both of them Kawa

20. Machomango

Machomango Void-Bound Voyager

Can somebody please help me! I can only get 1 custom race working. I've changed the .species files in the Varan race and added the label into "Interface' window config at the top! help please

AleriaAlexie likes this.