Modding Help Item IDs

Discussion in 'Mod Releases & Modding Help' started by Silverforte, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
This thread is has not been replied to for more than 90 days.

Modding Help Item IDs

1. Silverforte

Silverforte Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there a list somewhere with all the game's item/material IDs?
    • Eathed

Eathed Industrial Terraformer

• tifel100

tifel100 Sandwich Man

Most things in the game are not defined by an ID, as in numbers, the itemname/objectname is the "Primary Key".
      • Silverforte

Block materials are identified by an ID. I'm trying to make a new block tile which is a recolor of castlewalls1 but I can't figure out how to get it to appear in-game. I've modded other items like custom torches and grenades but this is where I'm stumped.

"materialId" : 122,

122 is the id for castlewalls1. The block shows up as generic which indicates a missing image but all the files are in place. This leads me to think the ID is the problem.
        • Westeller

Westeller Space Penguin Leader

Does the log have anything to say about it?
          • tifel100

tifel100 Sandwich Man

Well, every materialid has to be unique, so make it something a bigger than 200, so it dooesn't conlict, and make sure it matches in the item's file and the material's file.
            • Silverforte

Does it matter what number I make it? Could it technically be 4000?
              • Eathed

Eathed Industrial Terraformer

If 4000 is unique, it should be fine to use. I'm sure there's a cap, but 4000 is probably below it.
                • Silverforte

Thanks for the help.
                  • tifel100

tifel100 Sandwich Man

I think it can be. I think it's only use is to match the .matitem to the .material
                    • vernadead

vernadead Star Wrangler

I don't think there is a max, curious if non numericals would work ei material id a1b2c3
                      Thread Status:
                      This thread is has not been replied to for more than 90 days.