Modding Help Item IDs

Discussion in 'Mod Releases & Modding Help' started by Silverforte, Dec 20, 2013.

Modding Help Item IDs

1. Silverforte

Silverforte Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a list somewhere with all the game's item/material IDs?
  2. Eathed

Eathed Orbital Explorer

3. tifel100

tifel100 Industrial Terraformer

Most things in the game are not defined by an ID, as in numbers, the itemname/objectname is the "Primary Key".
  4. Silverforte

Block materials are identified by an ID. I'm trying to make a new block tile which is a recolor of castlewalls1 but I can't figure out how to get it to appear in-game. I've modded other items like custom torches and grenades but this is where I'm stumped.

"materialId" : 122,

122 is the id for castlewalls1. The block shows up as generic which indicates a missing image but all the files are in place. This leads me to think the ID is the problem.
  5. Westeller

Westeller Space Penguin Leader

Does the log have anything to say about it?
  6. tifel100

Well, every materialid has to be unique, so make it something a bigger than 200, so it dooesn't conlict, and make sure it matches in the item's file and the material's file.
  7. Silverforte

Does it matter what number I make it? Could it technically be 4000?
  8. Eathed

Eathed Orbital Explorer

If 4000 is unique, it should be fine to use. I'm sure there's a cap, but 4000 is probably below it.
  9. Silverforte

Thanks for the help.
  10. tifel100

I think it can be. I think it's only use is to match the .matitem to the .material
  11. vernadead

vernadead Space Penguin Leader

I don't think there is a max, curious if non numericals would work ei material id a1b2c3